Revell 1/144 E-2C Hawkeye

srkirad

Good evening mates,

I apply for the GB with Revell's braillescale Hawkeye

e2c-001.jpg

I plan to do the older US NAVY paint scheme - Light Gull Grey on upper and White on lower surfaces - it looks more attractive to me than overall grey one...

e2c-002.jpg

See you soon on the workbench,

Srđan

• Like 11

I built this kit many many moons ago and loved it.  Even if I did destroy the rotordome housing with a spilt bottle of TET - don't ask.

Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out srkirad.  Are you going to do anything more than paining the cockpit black? 

You've just reminded me that I have the C-2 Greyhound conversion somewhere in my stash.

Kind regards,

Dazz

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dazzio said:

Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out srkirad.  Are you going to do anything more than paining the cockpit black?

Thanks mates, I'll do my best.

@Dazzio I will probably paint cockpit per instructions (Grey shade) + I'll apply provided decals for instrument panels, but I presume not much of it will be visible after clear part covers it.

I did dry fit of fuselage and wings just to see how big it turns out, and yeah, it's not "just another 1/144 kit" - it is like some smaller 1/72 :)

During dry fit one part is not very clear to me how it fits - the triangular part with arrestor hook fits to fuselage in somehow strange and not so "snappy" manner, I'll figure out exact position when I consult some reference photos too...

Next stage is Mr. Surfacer, in order to start painting of cockpit and wheelbays...

• Like 1

I've built this kit I think more than 15 years ago, I don't remember any fit issues, it was a nice and straightforward build without problems. I posted a picture of it in the inspiration thread.

Best of luck with your build!

• Thanks 1

Nice! :popcorn:

I built this and its C-2 sibling a few years ago. I did put in some MLG structure in the nacelles so they weren't empty voids; I also backed the turbine inlet and exhaust. If you do that OzMod C-2 conversion, ditch the tailplane deicing boot decals and paint them instead. Don't forget the nose weight in either model.

Notwithstanding the profit constraints of US military contractors, the E-2C was relatively more profitable for Grumman than the F-14.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

While working on other kits in recent weeks, I've also being making small steps on this one too.

Cockpit has been painted, and instrument panel decals applied...

e2c-004.jpg

e2c-005.jpg

Cockpit has been glued to fuselage, and now I am waiting for it to fully cure, in order to glue ballast behind it...

e2c-006.jpg

Cheers,

S.

• Like 5

Fuselage and cockpit are merged into one - I've added some 10g of balast (lead balls) in front of instrument panel and behind cockpit - almost until rear wheels axis, it's pretty heavy, so I assume it will be enough not to have tail sitter :) 

e2c-007.jpg

e2c-008.jpg

Cheers,

S.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, my mojo is again a bit in downward trend, so I didn't do anything since last time, but today I've managed to paint cockpit color over canopy, and next step is primering, finally!

e2c-012.jpg

Cheers,

S.

• Like 5