F-15EX tests missile capabilities

Slater

The F-15 isn't a stealth aircraft, sneaking around the forward areas of the battle space or even crossing the red line into the opposition's back yard.

Having the capability to put up a heavy loadout in a defensive position has advantages, especially if tracking and targetting multiple threats at the same time. Dictator putin's mass-attack missile launches would be a suitable example of a good response using this loadout from a single airframe.

• Like 1

There was a picture of the F15X in flight with more, claimed  22 missile's and as the F15EX is derived from the X it's technically possible. Whether the USAF would pay for the super amber racks is a different matter. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=f-15+amber+rack&oq=F15s+am&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0i22i30j0i22i30i625l3j0i22i30l4.20717j0j8&client=tablet-android-lenovo-rev2&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=No-kNBGHPWO_XM&imgdii=Lxw411Tsq-7pyM

It would seem to me that the more missiles that can be ranged against an adversary the better. The F15 is known for its load carrying capacity and coupled with the battle situation awareness coming from every quarter, F35 , F22 and AWACS etc it must be a good prospect in times of tension.

Keith 

• Like 1