1/24 JPS Lotus 79,Mario’s car.

It says on the end of the quite boring looking box black beauty,and I agree! Here’s my latest 1/24 F1 kit completion,it took me ages ,I think I bought it in 2000 or thereabouts and finally took it out of the drawer of doom and finished it yesterday,so it’s  even carried on into 2023! 
I bought it from Colin Fraser who was Formula models and the best F1 model builder,and built models for Marsh models and SMTS. I think il left it so long as the decals didn’t look too good being Matt finish and all the big panels,sidepods wing ends etc. were one decal covering the whole area! Anyway I could never find 1/24 decals for this car,so I used the kit ones. I decided to carefully separate/remove all the wording and the the gold lines,all very tedious and time consuming. 

I cocked up the rear wing as I thought I could put the rear wing on in one piece after painting and decalling,carefully spreading the side plates,well they just all flew apart. I found a perfect modellers clamp the right size in a Wilko shop last week and used my three hands to try and hold it all together,then the glue I was using never worked as it was too cold,so ended up perching it on my Sky TV box for a day! The smaller car is a 1/43 Tameo kit built by Colin Fraser,and the Lotus 72 is to show Matt a real model of this car…. Not really ,as it’s an IXO Hachette 1/24 diecast,they supply the ciggy decals,and you have to put them on yourself .

Hope you like the pictures,taken with my phone of course…..Chris.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Oh,the seatbelt is an Eduard set,quite fiddly,but quite an important part of a single seater model. The body as in the pic above is one solid piece,no baseplate, the resin coloured insert is just for the seat and interior.

• Like 16

Very nice indeed.  I saw both the 72 and the 79 racing at Brands Hatch back in the day.  Classic colour scheme, which you have captured beautifully.

Trevor

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, klubman01 said:

Very nice indeed.  I saw both the 72 and the 79 racing at Brands Hatch back in the day.  Classic colour scheme, which you have captured beautifully.

Trevor

I saw that 79 at Brands in 1978 - retired early on, for Carlos Reutemann to win in his Ferrari.  

• Like 1