New Tamiya kits announcement at Nuremberg toy fair in February 2023

Homebee

49 minutes ago, is it windy yet? said:

I think we will see a 1:48 F-4J, as they already have a Detail Up Parts decal sheet (12692), that have stencil decals included and referenced as specific to the F-4J. 

Parts in the existing F-4B kit also point towards an F-4N and a F-4C or D as well. Either way I would be happy, but Tamiya do their own thing!

4 minutes ago, SC2015 said:

Maybe another BF109, Spitfire or P-51 in 1/72. That would be a blast, wouldn´t it?

Would sell better than anything on the new Airfix list.  However making a better one than those available might be difficult.  I could certainly approve of Tamiya replacing their Mk.I Spitfire moulds but they don't seem to work that way, do they?

13 hours ago, Greg B said:

Parts in the existing F-4B kit also point towards an F-4N and a F-4C or D as well. Either way I would be happy, but Tamiya do their own thing!

Typical Tamiya. They release a beautiful F-4B that's so well engineered it almost assembles itself, just as I was battling with my Academy build and now they're likely to release a J just as I'm battling to assemble even the cockpit on my ZM J kit.

7 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Thank you for starting a wishlisting thread.
It wasnt worth my time reading any of it.

To think you've compounded the error by wasting even more of your one precious life on this earth complaining about it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Wish list or guess. At this point in time with no knowledge  of what is to come what is the difference??

Relax.   Speculate. Be wrong. Be right.

Have fun.

Dick

Edited by jenko
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Procopius said:

To think you've compounded the error by wasting even more of your one precious life on this earth complaining about it.

It was a lot more constructive and less passive aggressive than yours was buddy.

I did actually read through all the posts in this hoping for some actual news about some new kits just to find its a wishlist from start to finish.

2 minutes ago, jenko said:

Wish list or guess. At this point in time with no knowledge  of what is to come what is the difference??

Dick

Relax.   Speculate. Be wrong. Be right.

Have fun.

If that is what it is then maybe we can change the title so as not to mislead the readers.
I read through 3 pages for nothing.

19 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

If that is what it is then maybe we can change the title so as not to mislead the readers.
I read through 3 pages for nothing.

The title says the announcement will be in February this year. 

The discussion in the meantime is quite often constructive analysis based on unused parts in recent releases.

That's not wish-listing, it's using logic and intelligence.

Tony

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tony.t said:

The title says the announcement will be in February this year. 

The discussion in the meantime is quite often constructive analysis based on unused parts in recent releases.

That's not wish-listing, it's using logic and intelligence.

Tony

You know when you put it like that I say fair enough.

This is announcing the announcement. Ill wait on a new thread about the announcements themselves 🙂

On 1/8/2023 at 3:42 AM, Missick said:

Well I "think" probably they will release the Super Hornet kit in 48th.

Later the P-40 series in 32nd scale.  

Few more armour kits variations and one 1/24 new tool kit as well.  

That makes sense,I just bought the Meng F-18F

What I would like is a 1/48 Ju87 G1

Edited by Tojo72

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Thank you for starting a wishlisting thread.
It wasnt worth my time reading any of it.

Maybe this whole thread could be removed and you could do it again when there is something to put in it that isnt a wishlist

If you cant play nicely, I'll happily ensure that you wont be posting on here for a month. Stop the trolling or take a holiday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Greg B said:

If you cant play nicely, I'll happily ensure that you wont be posting on here for a month. Stop the trolling or take a holiday.

Well that being what it is Ill happily put in mine.

Maybe we could see an F-4C or F-4C/D kit from the F-4B they already have. 

Edited by ElectroSoldier

1 hour ago, Acinonyx Jubatus said:

If we are into wish listing, here's mine all in 1/48 Tamiya quality

Slatted wing F86E Sabre

F8F Bearcat

SB2C Helldiver

F100D Super Sabre

I could go for a quarter scale Helldiver by Tamiya. I don’t think there is a modern tool around by anybody. I’m hoping Academy might release Accurate Miniatures’ one soon. After issuing every … single … variant … of … Dauntless it would be a nice change.

5 hours ago, Fullofit said:

I’m hoping Academy might release Accurate Miniatures’ one soon. After issuing every … single … variant … of … Dauntless it would be a nice change.

I'm wondering if maybe Academy doesn't have the moulds for the Helldiver. Just checked on the scalemates, it's a Revell - Monogram Pro Modeler tooling from 1997. 

14 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

It was a lot more constructive and less passive aggressive than yours was buddy.

I did actually read through all the posts in this hoping for some actual news about some new kits just to find its a wishlist from start to finish.

Why would you think there would be actual news when it's clear from the start of the thread there wouldn't be?

Buddy.

Disappointed!  Just saw a tamiya 2023 catalog flip thru video on youtube.  No new 1/48th Airplanes!?

I was really hoping for at least a new version F4.  Hopefully there will be something at Nuremberg.

19 hours ago, TheKinksFan said:

I'm wondering if maybe Academy doesn't have the moulds for the Helldiver. Just checked on the scalemates, it's a Revell - Monogram Pro Modeler tooling from 1997. 

My bad, I thought AM had its own tooling, but they just reboxed Revellogram’s. In that case Helldiver is just crying to be tooled by Tamiya.

On 1/6/2023 at 9:04 AM, TheKinksFan said:

If a 1/72 P-38 will be announced, that would probably be the best 1/72 kit of the year. But I have a fear that they have decided to stop releasing 1/72 altogether. I really hope that's not the case. 

I’d speculate that 1:72 is becoming a problem for manufacturers.  It used to be the case that 1:72 kits were much simpler, less detailed, less parts than 1:48 and therefore could be produced and sold more cheaply.

But the new 1:72 kits (of all makes) have come on to such a degree that I doubt that there is much difference in the cost of producing a a completely new 1:72 compared with the the same aircraft in 1:48 (particularly for the smaller aircraft).  But the public expects to pay significantly less for a 1:72 - so I think that manufacturers would prefer to go with 1:48.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

Just seen the new 1/35 Jagdpanzer IV/70(A) listed - the lesser known, boxier Alkett designed vehicle. 

Tamiya are certainly getting plenty of value from their Panzer IV chassis. 

2 hours ago, nheather said:

I’d speculate that 1:72 is becoming a problem for manufacturers.  It used to be the case that 1:72 kits were much simpler, less detailed, less parts than 1:48 and therefore could be produced and sold more cheaply.

But the new 1:72 kits (of all makes) have come on to such a degree that I doubt that there is much difference in the cost of producing a a completely new 1:72 compared with the the same aircraft in 1:48 (particularly for the smaller aircraft).  But the public expects to pay significantly less for a 1:72 - so I think that manufacturers would prefer to go with 1:48.

Just my thoughts.

They can ship more kits of the same subject in 1/72 than in 1/48 however.