Reggiane Re 2002 1:72 by Sword

Hi Gents, 

To follow on with my Reggiane family fighters , designed at the beginning by common American and Italian teams, this work leads to two lines of aircrafts on both countries  , P-47 for the US and Reggiane fighters for Italy. RE 2002 was close to" end of war" P-47's used as fighter bomber . 

So I present you my little bird , I did it last year. I know that rear flaps should have been presented down, but , even if it's a little bit unfair 😈, I saw some pictures of RE 2002 with these flaps .. raised, even if not the most common of them.. Anyway this avoid me to do some " after time surgery "..  😊

Painted with MRP Paints, All the pictures I saw for these planes during fight against allied landings in sicily and south of Italy in 1943  show them in a rather dull finish due to their intensive use in dusty conditions. 

Ps: for the bomb, really I'm not sure for the colors.. I think it's more for 50 kg ones but anyway I saw that there is resin ones available at this scale, and will probably change it one of theses days 😉

Hope you 'll like 

the pics ;

spacer.png

22030804405525890617822990.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Best regards to you all and happy new year  !! 

• Like 38

11 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Beautiful Reggiane Re2002!

Please allow me a little correction.The Reggiane fighters were not developped by american teams.They were built from 1937 from ingegneri Antonio Alessio and Roberto Longhi who until 1935 worked at Seversky.

Saluti

Giampiero

hello Giampriero, thanks for this point, for me the story started with Seversky  team, one day without learning something is a lost day !! 😉

1 hour ago, Zigomar said:

Un bello "Ariete" Bravo François.

merci beaucoup Jean !! 

You can see the influence and ideas the Italian designers brought back with them from their prior work with Seversky.  It looks like a rounder, more aerodynamic shape than a P-35.  Very nicely done.  Thanks for sharing.

Bonsoir Francois,

this is not, in my book,  the best looking "rejeton" of the Reggiane family, but you have managed to build a very pleasing model, even more so because of its short run origin.

Congratulations are in order.

JR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean said:

Bonsoir Francois,

this is not, in my book,  the best looking "rejeton" of the Reggiane family, but you have managed to build a very pleasing model, even more so because of its short run origin.

Congratulations are in order.

JR

bonsoir Jean , 

thanks for your comments ! really pleased to receive it ! you're right, not the best looking one , but part of the family 😄 

best regards , cheers  ! 

• Like 1

Sword kits, can be a headache, but you pulled it off. Well done... For me WW2 Italian aircraft is one can of worms, I've been avoiding for years. If I start, I wont stop at one, per type... All those wonderful colors, paint schemes.... But, I do like to see them. Keep up the good work.

Lovely build! I think the overall green scheme is actually quite nice, despite your misgivings.

I'm just building my first Sword kit now, so it's nice to see that they can build up well! I've also got a 2002 to build in a GB later this year, but it's the Supermodel kit :(

Regards,

Adrian

21 hours ago, Zoran Srb said:

Sword kits, can be a headache, but you pulled it off. Well done... For me WW2 Italian aircraft is one can of worms, I've been avoiding for years. If I start, I wont stop at one, per type... All those wonderful colors, paint schemes.... But, I do like to see them. Keep up the good work.

😄 thanks Zoran !!

7 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Lovely build! I think the overall green scheme is actually quite nice, despite your misgivings.

I'm just building my first Sword kit now, so it's nice to see that they can build up well! I've also got a 2002 to build in a GB later this year, but it's the Supermodel kit :(

Regards,

Adrian

Hi Adrian, 

wish you a good time building one of sword kits, going from supermodel...you will find it not that difficult ( waiting to see that  ! ) hope you will enjoy it as I did ! 

cheers  !