1/72 Tamiya P-47D Thunderbolt Razorback

Hi all!  This is my first WWII build.  OOB Tamiya, lovely kit.  Aftermarket decals SuperScale Decal No. 72-811.  Tamiya acrylic base coats with Tamiya enamel pin wash and some weathering with Abteilung 502 and Mig Oil Brushers.  A very loud shout-out to Seamus whose P-47 inspired and served as the model for this build.  Thanks for looking!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 22

Great JUG , thanks for sharing!

Would you mind to tell me how old was the SuperScale decal sheet you used on this build? I have some old ones and a bit worried if they are still usefull.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 72nders said:

Great JUG , thanks for sharing!

Would you mind to tell me how old was the SuperScale decal sheet you used on this build? I have some old ones and a bit worried if they are still usefull.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks! Not sure how old, though they looked pretty fresh. Just test one out first. Good luck! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bapowell said:

I used aftermarket decals, so no, not OOB. My mistake!

No - this is not what I meant - the build and paint were so nice that it is hard to believe it is just OOB !!!!!!! 

Keep it going, and I have the same kit which I got couple of weeks ago at SGD 8. You have set a high standard, and I wonder if I want to share mine once it is done in future :)

Regards

Ernest

• Thanks 1