Nakajima E8N2, 1/72, RS Models "FINISHED"

Touvdal

Interesting subject. I'm making RS's ki87 at the moment. If that's anything to go by, the mold was a little rough but everything basically lines up well enough with a bit of preparatory dry fitting. Good luck quite the workload you've undertaken!

• Like 1

This should be an interesting build, but you had me confused with your title for a moment - trying to work out which manufacturer was allocated "E" and produced fighter seaplane designs (N).😆 The E8N was a nice little plane and saw some service in China and the start of WWII, particularly off light cruisers, and there were even one or two at Midway I believe.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

• Touvdal changed the title to Nakajima E8N2, 1/72, RS Models
10 hours ago, PeterB said:

This should be an interesting build, but you had me confused with your title for a moment - trying to work out which manufacturer was allocated "E" and produced fighter seaplane designs (N).😆 The E8N was a nice little plane and saw some service in China and the start of WWII, particularly off light cruisers, and there were even one or two at Midway I believe.

Pete

Hey Pete

Typing error thanks for notis. ☺️

Cheers

Jes

• Like 1

Hi Jes,

I built a couple of RS Models Ki 100 a year or so ago and apart from slightly vague instructions they went together well as I recall, and were nicely detailed. Of course a biplane with floats may prove slightly more complicated and I see they provide a fair bit of PE which will add to the fun. Pity they don't appear to provide a trolley/stand as the planes with the central single float are always a bit tricky to display I find. I always fancied building one of the kits of a Japanese catapult but never quite got round to it.

Pete

• Like 1

I really like the look of this one :like:

I actually found an ancient Aviation Usk "Pete" recently, this is tempting me to add that to the list but the likely outcome is even more unfinished builds !

This looks the business,  best of luck.

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 6:35 PM, JOCKNEY said:

I really like the look of this one :like:

I actually found an ancient Aviation Usk "Pete" recently, this is tempting me to add that to the list but the likely outcome is even more unfinished builds !

This looks the business,  best of luck.

Cheers Pat

Hi Pat,

Never bought any of their kits but they did produce some interesting subjects over their relatively short existence. When I first saw them advertised I wondered if the name came from a connection with the town of Usk here in Wales but I gather they were actually in the US. Is it a vacform? Speaking of which if you want something really challenging there is always your Perth😆.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2023 at 11:43 AM, Touvdal said:

Some futher progress, tricky job to fit the upper wing and ponton.

20230122_113854

Cheers

Jes

It may have been a tricky set of tasks Jes but you look to have accomplished them in fine style :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Touvdal changed the title to Nakajima E8N2, 1/72, RS Models "FINISHED"