Tamiya 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk 1

Hello Everyone, Hope all are having a great time with family and friends during the holiday season....
I would like to share few pictures of my recently completed Spitfire.
This one was Tamiya's very old 1/72 Spitfire Mk1 kit. Very nice kit and cheap. Great for a relaxed week end build...
Enjoyed this build.... Still some work to be completed,  Lights were not painted when I took these pics. fixed now.
OOB build. Marking as per instructions not sure if it is real… Actual restorations look different…  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for watching
Mukund

• Like 25

Nice Spitfire. The paintwork is very neat. 

I'd be tempted to straighten the aerial mast though.. 🙂

Looking forward to seeing your next build! 

Best wishes,

Ian

Very nice little Spitfire.  I do have a question, on the port side it looks like the panel lines were highlighted.  On the starboard side they do not appear to have any weathering.  Is it the lighting causing the difference?  On the starboard side the panel lines do look a bit deep so maybe that is causing the illusion.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks @IanC I have to straighten the mast :) I used the copper wire inside mobile charger for the Ariel. It has obsoletely no elasticity. While sticking the other end I might have become a bit more enthusiastic 😃 Will fix it.

Hi @georgeusa I did very little weathering. I also have not attempted to scribe. So It must be the lighting. After you mentioned I am also noticing the same.... For pictures where I clicked auto-tone (in photoshop) the background became darker and the contrast also is more. Where I left without auto-tone correction, It looks washed out. Thanks for the comment 👍 that is a very subtle point that you have noticed. Will keep an eye going forward....

Edited by Mukund SB
  • Like 2