Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-3 - France 1942

Mig88

Hello everyone!

Here is the other of my two latest kits, finished in time for the "1942" Group Build in the Kampfgruppe144 forum (and the year's end). It's F-toys' 1:144 Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-4 converted to an A-3. It represents "Black 13", W/Nr. 2181, of 8./JG2, Luftwaffe, France, 1942.

0411-20.jpg

0411-19.jpg

This was a pre-painted semi-assembled Gashapon kit. I took apart the assembled fuselage, removed all the paint and built it OOB only adding the radio wire from stretched sprue and modifying the tail to make the characteristic forward tip blister for the radio wire of the early Fw 190s. In my haste, I forgot to sand down the exaggerated rib detail of the tailplanes and the rudder and missed that the main wheel hubs should be black not RLM66.

It was fully painted and varnished with brush. Decals came mostly from the kit with the upper wing crosses and stencils coming from an MYK Design decal sheet and the swastika from the spares box. Weathering was light as these machines were well kept and quite clean in this period, other than the stains from the engine.

0411-03.jpg

0411-06.jpg

0411-07.jpg

0411-11.jpg

0411-14.jpg

0411-15.jpg

0411-17.jpg

0411-18.jpg

Despite the things I missed, I am especially pleased with this one. Thanks for looking and a Happy New Year to everyone.
Miguel

• Like 17

17 hours ago, mick said:

great work

11 hours ago, Nanond said:

That looks great especially for F-toy product in 1/144.

9 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

Amazing camouflage render, considering the scale you are working in👍

Thank you very much! Happy new year!

Miguel