1/48 - Martin B-26B Marauder by ICM - released - new D-Day boxing !

Homebee

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

The renders show an empty radio room behind the cockpit. Plenty of room there for nose weight. I'll probably just sling an anvil in there myself and add white metal U/C legs.

You never know, SAC may come out with U/C legs that include metal floor and bulkheads like they did for the Hasegawa set.

https://www.scaleaircraftconversions.com/moreinfo.cfm?KIT=166

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fightersweep said:

The renders show an empty radio room behind the cockpit. Plenty of room there for nose weight. I'll probably just sling an anvil in there myself and add white metal U/C legs.

On my Hasegawa kit, I added weight along side the nose gear bay, as well as adding the missing cockpit side panels from lead, but they are present in this kit. That box to the right of the front seat could also be filled with lead and some behind the IP, then anything else needed in the radio compartment.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mycapt65 said:

Tastefully flattened main wheels, rare earth magnet set in the nose wheel and a steel plate base painted concrete will fix your tail sitters. 

My, that's a good idea. One to keep in mind.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just weight in the radio compartment should be fine.  I built the Monogram kit using the Lone Star resin set which has resin tail surfaces and I was able to balance it like this.

0341b26.jpg

0501b26.jpg

Edited by jeaton01
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Thank you.  They are spinning in the airflow from two airbrushes.  I insert brass tubing in the engines in  most of my models and replace the prop shafts with music wire.  The friction is low enough that it doesn't take much airflow.

Edited by jeaton01
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I hope SAC adresses this issue.  I have the set up for the 1/72 hasegawa and its great.  Best solution, less weight most forward as possible.  I worry filling that radio compartment will take more than double the weight, and eventually break those plastic gear legs!  But i worry about stuff like that...

10 hours ago, Tokyo Raider said:

I hope SAC adresses this issue.  I have the set up for the 1/72 hasegawa and its great.  Best solution, less weight most forward as possible.  I worry filling that radio compartment will take more than double the weight, and eventually break those plastic gear legs!  But i worry about stuff like that...

You mean you hope SAC releases another useless set of soft copy of the kit undercarriage that can be bent into nose weight lumps instead? 😜

Jens

• Like 6
  • Haha 10

14 hours ago, Jens said:

You mean you hope SAC releases another useless set of soft copy of the kit undercarriage that can be bent into nose weight lumps instead? 😜

Jens

No, the kit i mean they added bulkheads and canopy floor also in white metal, so these parts replace kit plastic parts and balance on nose gear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but on ICM's website the marking options are listed (no images though) -

MARKINGS

B-26B-55MA 42-96077 "Ladies Delight", 584th Bomb Squadron, 394th Bomb Group, Summer 1944

B-26B-55MA 42-96214 "Coral Princess III", 494th Bomb Squadron, 344th Bomb Group, 1944

B-26B-55MA 42-96165 "The Big Hairy Bird", 599th Bomb Squadron, 397th Bomb Group, July 1944

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I’m very keen to build one of these, but for hobby-nostalgia reasons, I’m going to hold off for the (already announced) “Flak Bait” boxing later in the year…

best,

M.

I am afraid I am going to buy several samples of each boxing! 😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, FlatlandFox said:

I am afraid I am going to buy several samples of each boxing! 😂

I just know that if I did, all bar one would be shed insulation for the rest of my life!

beat,

M.

On my Hasegawa Marauder I taped together all the major components and filled every cubby forward of the main landing gear with fish weights until I was certain I did not have a tailsitter.  The plastic landing gear have held up for years.  

FdBzRE9.jpg

• Like 4

If I buy it - and I probably will -  it will be due to Roy Cross and nobody else. That old artwork of his has never left me.

Wingspan 454 mm!!

I love large scale aircraft, but why do they always have to be so big! 😟🤔🙄

Edited by New Tool
  • Like 2

Very much looking forward to receiving my preorder.  Although, it is slightly disappointing to see that it appears the windows in the secondary bomb bay doors are molded solid as opposed to having a clear insert.  This was pointed out to ICM on facebook when the original cad shots were released but I guess it was too far along to do anything about it.  I have to do some more research to see if these were removed at some point and might fall under the "late modifications of the B-26B" that ICM says the model corresponds with.

Regardless, it looks like this is going to be a fantastic model.

Edited by Matt B
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Martin B-26B Marauder by ICM - released

Got the invoice for my preorder yesterday and just watched the computer generated step by step assembly video on ICM's youtube channel.  It looks like a winner!.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt B said:

Got the invoice for my preorder yesterday and just watched the computer generated step by step assembly video on ICM's youtube channel.  It looks like a winner!.

Who have you pre ordered with ? Do we know when actually in stock uk ?

43 minutes ago, tonypaul2022 said:

Who have you pre ordered with ? Do we know when actually in stock uk ?

I'm in the US and preordered with Squadron.  I havnt gotten a shipping notification yet, just the invoice.  The website said expected release is the 31st.