The greatest of all time dies

sinnerboy

Oh no. Hadn't heard about this except that he was very ill.

I don't particular like football (am a rugby league man through and through), but he was one of my "heroes" as a boy. A real "gentleman" of sport, he never courted "celebrity" like others, no drug scandals etc. Just a great advocate of his game. RIP.

Regards

Pete

• Like 4

Im saddened beyond words, 😭 I met him when I was 7 and playing football(soccer). He gave the teams in my league a display and taught all of us a number of tips. He pulled the goalies (me) together to demonstrate how to block better. He was such a kind man and im saddened to know he’s gone. R.I.P. Pele may you have peace and happiness. 

Dennis

• Like 4

One of the true greats.  As @Pete Robin said, he never courted celebrity.  He just let his skills speak for him. 

Former Real Madrid and Hungary star Ferenc Puskás stated: "The greatest player in history was Di Stéfano. I refuse to classify Pelé as a player. He was above that."

• Like 5

I remember watching the Brazil-England match in the 1970 World Cup. As an England supporter, every time that Pele got the ball in the last third of the pitch I remember being worried he would score.

For me, forget Maradonna and Messi, Pele was the greatest football player ever.

• Like 2