1/35 Das Werk Pz Sfl 1a

robw_uk

26 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Very very nice Rob you're raising the bar with this one!

Stay safe           Roger

thanks Roger... the tracks are about 3mm too short (the idler wheel(?) isn't adjustable so will have to work out how to minimize the gap - think gluing tracks to wheels then applying tension ... but feeling more confident with whitewash and slowly getting there with weathering...

• Like 1

Great work on the tracks - and all the rest.

I find it very puzzling that, with all the work that goes in to developing these kits, so often the tracks are too short or occasionally too long!

It really beats me as to why. 🥴

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, echen said:

Great work on the tracks - and all the rest.

I find it very puzzling that, with all the work that goes in to developing these kits, so often the tracks are too short or occasionally too long!

It really beats me as to why. 🥴

I agree, some come.with adjustable idler wheels.which makes sense,.but if they don't then you would hope they would get the tracks right..... It's more the issue of link and length.... Indi link if you have enough you can at least add an extra one....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

some come.with adjustable idler wheels

On one of my posts someone suggested moving the idler to accommodate the length of the tracks. I thought it a bit drastic but doable if really necessary for a neater finish.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, echen said:

On one of my posts someone suggested moving the idler to accommodate the length of the tracks. I thought it a bit drastic but doable if really necessary for a neater finish.

I moved the drive wheels about 1mm rearwards.... It works.....

• Like 1