Ford Mustang GT4 - tamiya 1/24 by fnick

Fnick

Hi all

Welcome to my interpretation of the GT4. This was inspired by an flat black Audi A4 parked next street from mine. I thought that the GT4 would be a suitable car to try this colour scheme on.

I'll let the pics do the talking. As always comments, thoughts and criticism are very welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As you can tell I did have fun with the lighting setup on this one! 🙂

Thanks for looking, Nick 

• Like 21

I'm not a hugh fan of the 'murdered out look, however that does not mean I can't appreciate what you've achieved as I imagine this scheme is not very forgiving for any little flaws.   Top work Andy.   PS. The lighting on the photos really does suit the overall theme, plus the light on the 'horizon' looks particularly good.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all! 😊

18 hours ago, Toftdale said:

murdered out look

Never heard that expression before! 😄

Regarding flaws the main thing I was worried about was scratches on the body as I don't know if you can polish flat clear. There is one place where I managed to get a scratch and looks absolutely terrible when it catches the light. I was uber careful/paranoid when handling the body!

3 hours ago, Marco F. said:

You won't get motherinlaws favourite if you appear with this one 

Now that's got to be one of the best reasons to get a car! 😄

I'm really pleased you all like the lighting. The last two pics were done with a simple flashlight and just trying different positions and how much to illuminate the car. I can tell you a lot of pics went into the digital bin!

Nick

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

First thought is that this appears to be the car equivalent of the Disaster Area stunt ship from Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Very well built, and a great end result. I do like the photography too, that's really come on very well just like the modelling.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Spiny. I'm having great fun with the photography side of things. I just need to get a better understanding of what the various settings mean to at least have an idea of what I am doing! Although it is also quite fun changing settings/lighting and just seeing what you get!

Nick

Edited by Fnick

Got to agree with you that it's fun playing about with things, and quite a learning experience too. Looks as though you have the basics right judging by the photos, and the experimentation is working well too.

The most annoying thing for me when taking photos is the amazing ability of plastic models to suck in every spec of dust in the room, and the even more amazing ability of the camera to focus on that dust. If there is a solution to that other than a fine lens-cleaning brush I'd be delighted to hear it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's defintiely worth doing - that lens brush I have is an anti-static brush and it does make a difference. Trouble is the static charge must come back relatively soon as it's usually about 5 pics or so before I have to get the brush out again. Still, much better than nothing, and it must be said that the dust is usually that special type of dust which is invisible to the naked eye but stands out like nothing else with the camera.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of the flat-black look either (too old-school!) but I have to say that is an extremely well-executed and finished model.  The chassis construction and detailing are nothing short of superb,

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much Neddy. 🙂. The colour scheme is something I really wasn't sure about and although I am glad I did it, it certainly isn't something I will be doing again any time soon! Thank you for your comments about the construction. Tamiya kit engineering was a big help there! 

Happy new year to you (and to all!)

Nick 

Thank you very much for your comments!

2 hours ago, RaulNanu said:

Amazing build, properly presented due to great quality pics. Congrats!

Which lighting are you using

I used a photo booth with led lighting turned low. For the last two pics they were taken with a simple torch (small maglite type) that I moved around until I got the effect I desired. They were still taken with the car in the photo booth but with the booth lighting off.

Hope this helps

Nick 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...