JA-37 Viggen

Good day,

I check in with my sixth and final project for the year.  While the kit is delightful in construction, there is no shortage of tiny and microscopic parts.  That is great for detail however it is easy to lose one and ruin the end result.  For this one, I used the resin aftermarket ejection seat.  The kit supplied ejection seat is very nice but it comes in multiple parts just like each of the main and nose landing gears.  Unfortunately, Special Hobby does not include any underwing ordnance apart from the centerline tank.  I added the Swedish versions of the Sparrow and Sidewinder along with the mounting rails from the spares box.  The fuselage pylons and rails are included. The decals are excellent.  I added 0.05mm brass rod for the main and auxiliary pitot tubes and AOA ( Angle of Attack ) pitot. After research, it appeared that three main colors were used for the air-to-air missiles….white, grey, and a very unique green.  

Here are the basic colors I used for the Viggen……….

1. Upper surface : Model Master Haze Grey

2. Lower surface : Model Master Light Grey ( FS36496 )

3. Cockpit walls : Tamiya Medium Grey ( XF-20 )

4. Washes : Upper - AK Grey-Blue, Lower Ammo Medium Grey, Stains - Vallejo Dark Brown and Black

I enjoyed this kit and a long overdue subject was finally added thanks to Special Hobby.  I have always been fond of the Viggen and am pleased at how it turned out. I`ve waited for a modern tooled Viggen for a very long time.  Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the lack of under wing stores.  Due to the numerous small parts, I can only recommend this kit for those who have a bit more experience in the hobby.

Thank you in advance and with much respect,

Mike

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And here the three I have of the forward canard type of design…………….

Top : Trumpeter J-10  Center : Special Hobby JA-37 Viggen  Lower : Hobby Boss Rafale

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 61

Top notch!

This is an impressive build! Congratulations.

JR

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...