Model Gallery 2022: 1/72 WWII Aircraft and AFV's by Roman Schilhart

Roman Schilhart

Dear fellow Britmodellers,

here's my 2022 production line, all in 1/72 scale.

Finished model photographs by Wolfgang Rabel.

This was a year of many changes.

I quit my job, inherited a house, and moved from the city to the countryside.

Once primarily an aircraft builder, my output of small-scale AFVs has been increasing, and they are making up almost half of my total builds now!

I hope you like my selection, and thanks for your interest in my works.

JANUARY

1/72 Italeri IS-2, with CMK figures, Blackdog stowage, OKB Grigorov tracks and Colibri decals.

Italeri-Stalin.jpg

1/72 Kovozávody Prostějov Ilyushin Il-2M, with Quickboost gun barrels.

IL-2-24.jpg

1/72 Heller Sherman M4A2 built as a British Mk.III, with figure, brushguards and antenna socket  from Dan Taylor Modelworks. The antenna is a piece of stretched black sprue, the towing cable is from Eureka, and stowage is from Milicast. Markings represent a mid-production vehicle of the Junior Regiment of C-Squadron, 27th Armoured Brigade, in France, 1944.

sherman-m4a2.jpg

1/72 UM SU-85M with resin tracks from OKB Grigorov, CMK resin fuel tanks and Dragon spiderwheels. 

SU85M.jpg

1/72 Tamiya Fw-190D with photo-etch from ResIm and markings from Eagle Cals, representing an aircraft of JG301.

190D.jpg

FEBRUARY

1/72 Dragon Panzer IV Ausf.J "Final Production", built from the box.

a-DSC4138.jpg

1/72 IBG Fw-190D, straight from the box, in markings of JG2.

a-DSC4207.jpg

MARCH

1/72 Arma Hobby P-51B out of the box. 

a-DSC4254.jpg

APRIL

1/72 Zvezda Sherman M4A2, with stowage from Sandsmodels and BlackDog, steel towing cable from Karaya, photo-etch brushguards from Dan Taylor Modelworks and antenna from stretched sprue. 

a-DSC4305.jpg

1/72 Airfix DH Mosquito B.XVI straight from the box, with slightly silvering decals.

a-DSC4341.jpg

1/72 IBG Ford Maultier with Modelltrans resin tracks.

a-DSC4394.jpg

A bit out of my usual interest and scale, this is the 1/87 (HO) Trident Steyr 4K 4FA, as used by the Austrian Army.

A commissoned build.

a-DSC4421.jpg

MAY

1/72 Airfix P-51D Mustang, converted to Mk.IV using Freightdog conversion and markings from Xtradecal, representing an aircraft of 19. Squadron in Peterhead, 1945.

a-DSC4486.jpg

1/72 Revell Heinkel He-177 A-5, markings from Eagle Strike.

a-DSC4432.jpg

1/72 Stransky Kits Bücker Bü-181 "Panzerbücker"

a-DSC4523.jpg

1/72 Academy Ford GPA with Blackdog stowage. 

a-DSC4566.jpg

1/72 Tamiya Bf-109 G6 in colorful Romanian markings, decals from "Romanian Roundels Over Czechoslovakia" (DK72088).

"Tumpi-Bumpi Flostomok" was the mount of Lt. Baciu from Grupul 1 Vanatorare, in May 1945.

a-DSC4604.jpg

JUNE

1/72 Dragon Heinkel He-219 A2 with photo-etch from Eduard, resin wheels from True Details and decals from AIMS, representing an aircraft of NJG3. The mottle scheme was free-handed, using my trusted Harder & Steenbeck airbrush with 0,15mm nozzle.

a-DSC4641.jpg

1/72 Kovozávody Prostějov Spitfire Mk.XI in colors of the USAAF.

a-DSC4733.jpg

JULY

1/72 Airfix Hawker Tempest, straight from the box.

a-DSC4786.jpg

AUGUST

1/72 Dragon SdKfz 165 Hummel, from the box.

a-DSC4845.jpg

1/72 IBG Cromwell IV with resin tracks and wheels from Tank Models, etched antenna socket from Dan Taylor Modelworks and stowage from Modelltrans.

Markings represent a vehicle of the British 6th Airborne Armoured Regiment, 6th Airborne Division, operating in Normandy in summer 1944.

a-DSC4815.jpg

SEPTEMBER

1/72 Hasegawa SdKfz 251, converted to a battlefield ambulance by covering the (poorly detailled) interior with Sandsmodels tarpaulin and adding Aleran Miniatures red-cross decals.

a-DSC4897.jpg

1/72 Hasegawa SdKfz 234/3, built from the box.

a-DSC4883.jpg

1/72 Finemolds Bf-109K4 with etched parts (armored headrest, seatbelts, antennas) from a Brengun set and a pitot tube from Master, markings from the box.

a-DSC5006.jpg

OCTOBER

Another 1/72 IBG Fw-190D, this is the "Over Czech Lands" boxing, representing an aircraft of the 211 XXX Werknummer range, identified by the late three-piece gun cowl with small round bulges in the lower rear position.

Decals from Eagle Cals (#108)

a-DSC4981.jpg

1/72 Academy Dodge WC54 Ambulance with stretchers from Milicast. The red-cross decals were sprayed using a paper template.

a-DSC5028.jpg

a-DSC5052.jpg

1/72 UM SU-76M Soviet assault gun with metal barrel from RB Productions.

a-DSC5119.jpg

1/72 Zvezda Yak-9D with decals from Printscale.

a-DSC5068.jpg

NOVEMBER

1/72 Dragon Sherman M4A3 with sandbag armor from Blackdog and figure from Milicast.

a-DSC5090.jpg

1/72 Dragon Sherman M4A4 dressed as "Philippsbourg" from the Free French Army 1945.

I added OKB Grigorov resin tracks, Eureka towing cable, Milicast figure and stowage and Peddinghaus decals.

The antenna is from stretched black sprue.

a-DSC5100.jpg

1/72 Arma Hobby Yak-1B, built from the "Expert Set" box.

a-DSC5145.jpg

DECEMBER

1/72 Valom C-46D Commando in markings of "Operation Varsity", March 1945.

a-DSC5190.jpg

I wish you a great holiday season and a lucky new year.

Greetings from Austria,

Roman

• Like 26

That's another stunning collection Roman, you sure keep knocking them out of the park, and that with all the changes you mentioned. I love your Shermans. 

Another stellar year my friend.  It looks like a museum in miniature due to the precise accuracy of each subject.  My favorite of the aircraft is the Tamiya Bf-109 G6 and for armor / vehicles is the Dodge ambulance.  Bravo Roman.  :worthy:

Mike