1/48 Scale Junkers Ju 52/3m in 1936 Olympiade livery

Another one of my favorites in the collection. Also hand painted. A very lovely model to make. It is Revell´s kit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Come and see my modelling mancave on Facebook! 

removed - read the post regarding links to other sites or blogs in announcements

• Like 34

Very beautiful. I agree, it is a great kit. I only build in 1/72 but this is one of the  few 148 kits I have built and I would build another if I had the space for it. Wish that Revell would do a Ju 52 in 1/72 scale.

You have done a good work on it and the pics as well.

• Like 1

Magnificent work on this Revell Ju 52.  The markings on the sides and wings are just perfect even though it is done on corrugated surfaces.  This must have been a bear to mask and not have any bleeding of colors.  The photography is also great as usual and makes the kit stand out even more.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, georgeusa said:

Magnificent work on this Revell Ju 52.  The markings on the sides and wings are just perfect even though it is done on corrugated surfaces.  This must have been a bear to mask and not have any bleeding of colors.  The photography is also great as usual and makes the kit stand out even more.  Thanks for sharing.

I usually do not mask. I lay out all lines with a pencil and then paint them free hand. Masking produces sharp steps and sometimes pulls off paint or jst lets the paint bleed underneath the maskng tape. Doing it free hand does not have any of these issues.

I have written an article on this built in my growing modelling book. You may want to take a look. It is a free PDF download showing eventuall all my collections models and how they were done.  

http://collectors-edition.de/QAU/InDetail/ModellbauinDetailtest.pdf

Edited by Achim Engels
  • Like 2