1/32 Hasegawa Spitfire Mk.Va “W3114 FJ-K”

This is 1/32 Hasegawa Spitfire Mk.Va with the markings of W3114 FJ-K “Argentine (British)” from 164 Squadron,  Skeabrea , Orkneys in May-July 1942

The donor kit is old 1/32 Hasegawa Mk.I/II.

Cockpit modified with Barracudacast resin seat, Eduard seat belts, Yahu instrument panel and some parts of Barracudacast Spitfire interior set.

Other modifications are as follows:

Archer fine fasteners

Quickboost exhaust set

Quickboost propeller set

Master details horizontal tails

Barracudacast cockpit door

Barracudacast main wheels

SAC main landing legs

Paints are Gunze and Tamiya acrylics.

Decals are from Hobby2000 Spitfire Mk.Va kit.

Happy Modelling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 31

14 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

Taken the exact same words from out of my own mouth 👍

14 hours ago, Keeff said:

Very nice!  👌

Keith

13 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Put her in a natural surrounding and she would look like a full scale machine, ready for a scramble. .

Impressive modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

12 hours ago, mick said:

great work

4 hours ago, Dave Klaatu said:

I concur, that's a fine build, love the paint and details!

Thanks for your comments, appreciated

Very nicely done, you don’t see too many Spit Va’s so it’s always good to see something quite familiar but also slightly different. Looks perfect in every aspect. 

Cheers and nicely modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

I just noticed the date, May-July 1942. In that case, FJ-K would certainly have the VHF radioset introduced in the autumn of 1940. So she wouldn't have sported the old HF wire aerial, since the small VHF aerial was integrated in the antenna mast.

The old style aerial mast and the attachment point on the rudder were often left as they were but, no wire.

I also think that Keith has a point concerning the dihedral.

None of this diminishes your beautiful finish and detailing, of course.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keith in the uk said:

Nice build and a lovely finish :goodjob: One gripe tho , the wings look rather flat with no diheadrel.  😮

Thanks Keith

Actually there is dihedral but I'm not sure if it's enough. As can be seen in the picture taken from another angle, if this is not enough  the wings will have to be pulled upwards during construction, I don't know what the result will be. Compared to Tamiya, it seems that Hasegawa's wings start out flat in the ventral area and then curve upwards.

Thanks for the warning.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spitfire31 said:

I just noticed the date, May-July 1942. In that case, FJ-K would certainly have the VHF radioset introduced in the autumn of 1940. So she wouldn't have sported the old HF wire aerial, since the small VHF aerial was integrated in the antenna mast.

The old style aerial mast and the attachment point on the rudder were often left as they were but, no wire.

I also think that Keith has a point concerning the dihedral.

None of this diminishes your beautiful finish and detailing, of course.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim

So I undesrtand that at least the antenna wire should be deleted.

Thanks for the warning.

From now on I will get your opinion before the finish on my spitfire projects. I hope I don't bore you🤓

• Like 1

Wonderful looking Spitfire.  The fasteners do give an appearance that is far more effective than what I thought they would.  Who knew something so minor in detail, makes a world of difference in the appearance of the model.  A question:  The seatbelts are from Eduard, but what kind?  I really like the way you have styled them on the seat and I have never been able to do anything close to that effective with the PE version of Eduard's seatbelts.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgeusa said:

Wonderful looking Spitfire.  The fasteners do give an appearance that is far more effective than what I thought they would.  Who knew something so minor in detail, makes a world of difference in the appearance of the model.  A question:  The seatbelts are from Eduard, but what kind?  I really like the way you have styled them on the seat and I have never been able to do anything close to that effective with the PE version of Eduard's seatbelts.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks George

I have used the following Eduard s seatbelts.

RAF early seatbelts  32872

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Thanks George

I have used the following Eduard s seatbelts.

RAF early seatbelts  32872

Now I am even further impressed on how well you made those steel belts look like fabric with the different bends and folds.  Well done.  Looks like I need to practice more with my PE belts.  

• Thanks 1