I just watched Avatar 2 yesterday evening.....

Reelyator

....and i found it quite entertaining. Obviously more focus on the Eye-Candy, not so much on innovative storytelling.

Considering the huuuge sucess of the first part, i found it strange that none of the mayor model kit manufactures jumped the hype train and brougth out some kits from the various vehicles seen in this movie (afaik only Fantastic Plastic has some tiny resin kits of limited detail level from the Samson and the Scorpion Heli´s and a few others..).

The second part also has some interesting new vehicles that could look nice on the shelf. Anybody here having any information about model Kits from the Avatar Movies?

E. g. Injection Kits from the Vehicles?

Resin or Vinyl Kits from the Creatures?

• 2 weeks later...

You have Lego, McFarlane Action figures, and Sideshow Collectables merchandise all coming out. Not seen any model kits.

Wait a couple of years when "Dances with Smurfs" hype has passed you might see some. 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pilgrim_UK said:

Wait a couple of years when "Dances with Smurfs" hype has passed you might see some

Ermm.... I believe that there are three more movies, which will be released one-a-year from now on. The "Dances With Smurfs hype" isn't going away anytime soon, I suspect. 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.
  • Like 1

@spruecutter96

I forgot that this was Cameron's world building legacy. The world building could be really interesting with other worlds indigenous species being abused for corporate profit. Could lead to some interesting films if Cameron was not going to make them.

With the  other movies I am thinking Revell/Bandai/Finemolds might make some kits in the coming future. It could become synonymous with the Sci-fi genre as much as Star wars is. 

According to the Ancient Greeks, there are only four, essential stories. Everything is based on those storylines, no matter how cleverly they are disguised. Makes ya wonder, don't it...? 

Chris. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RANDYLIZARD1978 said:

if you have a 3d printer there are some great files out there....

Thank You!

Unfortunately i have no 3D printer ........yet (stands one one of my long term shopping lists).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cklasse said:

I would love to see the helicopter model someday. I wonder what model kit best fit to be a donor to modify to the Avatar version?

....so would i.

I have never seriously thought about scratch building something. Maybe you could start with a Osprey Kit and cobine it with some Propellers from a Hovercraft  Kit....

The original Avatar left me cold... very pretty but story? I can't see these new batch being any different and to be honest I didn't knwo why people were so impressed with the graphics of the first one - at the time I was playing Lord of the Rings Online and the graphics in that (at that time) were almost as good AND you could interact with the landscape and explore, I much preferred it to being bored by a tedious story :D

Then along came the Planet of the Apes movies which essentially told a variation on the same story, along with the various Jurassic Park rehashes...

OK I feel the need to weigh in here, I’ve been around broadcast and motion graphics for around 20 years or so, I have actually seen the film, in 3D iMax as it was meant to be viewed and it’s a triumph. It has a weak plot. Life on Earth has no plot so presumably you would complain about that too.

the Avatar series is a plausible and spectacular eco system with depth and thought, as is most of the technology. It’s been designed with engineers in the room and looks like it might actually work, unlike something like Star Wars where’s all ridiculous eye candy.

if you want an intriguing plot look elsewhere, if you want to be thoroughly entertained and visually delighted for a few hours, go see this in iMax. Not the cheap seats.