Airfix 1/72 Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat

Airfix 1/72 Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat, VF-6, United States Navy, USS Enterprise (CV-6), 1942. For this build I used the Eduard PE set, Quick Boost Resin Exhausts, Landing Gear Flaps and Engine.  She has been brush painted using AK 3rd Generation Acrylics.  I also realised after taking the photos that I had forgotten to remove the masking tape from the transparencies on the lower fuselage.

Wildcat 20 Wildcat 21 Wildcat 22 Wildcat 23 Wildcat 24 Wildcat 25

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2022 at 11:11 AM, Cheshiretaurus said:

Excellent result.

If you hadn't have said it was brush painted I would never have known, would have thought it was airbrushed. Very smooth finish.

Thanks, I've never used AK Acrylics before and I do normally use an airbrush but wasn't able to use my airbrush at the time so gave these a try and have to say I was very pleased with the results I would definitely use them again. 

On 24/12/2022 at 21:57, Blade2009 said:

Airfix 1/72 Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat, VF-6, United States Navy, USS Enterprise (CV-6), 1942. For this build I used the Eduard PE set, Quick Boost Resin Exhausts, Landing Gear Flaps and Engine.  She has been brush painted using AK 3rd Generation Acrylics.  I also realised after taking the photos that I had forgotten to remove the masking tape from the transparencies on the lower fuselage.

Wildcat 20 Wildcat 21 Wildcat 22 Wildcat 23 Wildcat 24 Wildcat 25

Well done.

Alain

• Like 2