Vickers FB19 - Scaleplanes 1/72 vac speedbuild

I wasn't going to post an RFI for this because it was just a bit of pre-Christmas fun, but it gives me the opportunity to wish everyone here Happy Christmas and thank you all for the companionship and community over the year (with even a meetup at SMW thrown in!). 

I cut out the parts earlier in the year during the waiting times of an F-102A build (nothing like a bit of contrast), and got serious with the sanding on 10th December.

What you get in the kit.:

B00-FD42-C-C970-4-C6-B-962-B-6648-D81695

And I finished yesterday in a bit of a pre-Christmas rush with a few rough edges:

6-CCAE4-EE-5-B00-4-C68-8193-DDED75441595

72865-A6-A-4-B6-D-45-F3-83-BB-997-CF017-

AAB4-FC2-B-3706-45-AC-BE5-F-EC6-F8-AC2-A

7-DFCF7-B3-525-B-4-D82-B100-6-F45138-E48

6-D5-A6-BC4-AE2-D-48-B4-BAF9-3-B42-B25-C

5-ED01-DAD-884-E-4-DBA-AA87-44-D6-DBC96-

E74-E0-EB6-E92-C-4-AAB-B184-05930-BCBEE3

The struts were real wood from some old, old 1/32" veneer, the paint was AK acrylic with a dose of Hu70 to make it browner, over Hu 103 and 94, and the prop came from the KP Sopwith Swallow kit. WIP is here if you are interested.

The whole thing is tiny! Length 3", span 4" (75mm x 100mm for you metric types).

Happy Christmas,

Adrian

• Like 39

Very sharp looking model - really great result! The off center red on insignia you might very simply correct applying only red circle surrounded by small white area on top of it.

Have a nice Christmas too  :)

J-W

• Thanks 1

Really enjoyed following this and glad you completed an RFI as it certainly deserves to be seen by the BM massive. 

Great work on this , you've certainly made a vacform model of a biplane look easy.  Great work on an unusual subject.

Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas. 

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see you did A RFI post, this was a particularly cheerful build to follow and the result is lovely. I never look for rough around edges parts on other people's models. Even if I did I don't think I would find any here! :)

Richie

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, RichieW said:

I never look for rough around edges parts on other people's models

Me neither, I can find plenty of rough edges on my own stuff! I will occasionally offer a suggestion in WIP if I think it would help. I actually find the WIP forums much more interesting and educational.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1