Heller Gmbh 2023 programme - catalogue

Homebee

2 hours ago, Graham T said:

I had NO IDEA that Heller were even still going!

To be honest, I'm not sure they ever went away. I think their kits have always been out there in one form or another, either through Heller themselves, Humbrol and a host of other owners over the years. Seem to have had another lease of life now though and hopefully that will last as I like their kits a lot.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheFlyingDutchman said:

Everyone's talking about aircraft here, but I'm excited about those Renault 4F4 and Citroen 2CV Fourgonnette. Whether they are their own toolings or Ebbro reboxes, they sure are a lot more affordable than Ebbro's kits!

Heller already have regular passenger versions of both which are their own tooling - their 2CV is rather old, but the R4 is quite recent, and based on comparing the instructions, the R4 appears to be more prototypically correct than the Ebbro one.  For 2CV kits, Tamiya's is probably the best, and much more prototypically correct than the recent Revell, which like so many of their recent car models, has very toy like suspension detailing.  Heller used their 2CV as the basis for their recent Mehari, so I'd be very surprised if these two new kits aren't just newly tooled bodyshells (& any other different parts) for their existing kits.  A good way for them to generate extra sales without too much tooling investment too.

The big question is what's next.  Given all the Golf GTi kits from other manufacturers, there is clearly a market for hot hatch model kits, and a 205GTi would be right up Heller's street.  Or even the new Alpine A110...!

Edited by Paul H

7 hours ago, Paul H said:

Heller used their 2CV as the basis for their recent Mehari, so I'd be very surprised if these two new kits aren't just newly tooled bodyshells (& any other different parts) for their existing kits. 

In the video they state that these are new sprues for their existing moulds.

9 hours ago, Paul H said:

The big question is what's next.  Given all the Golf GTi kits from other manufacturers, there is clearly a market for hot hatch model kits, and a 205GTi would be right up Heller's street.  Or even the new Alpine A110...!

Yeah we definitely need a full detail 1/24 205 GTI. I like it a lot more than a Golf.

Edited by dbostream
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dbostream said:

Yeah we definitely need a full detail 1/24 205 GTI. I like it a lot more than a Golf.

I would add another vote for a 1/24 205 GTI. I'd also love to see Heller cover some more standard "bread and Butter" French cars such as the Renault 18, oh! and a Renault 17 would be nice too.

If I was being really "wish listy", then I would be hoping for Heller to "upscale" their 1/43 Rover 3500 and Austin Princess to 1/24. I can dream I guess.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Chimpion said:

In the video they state that these are new sprues for their existing moulds.

That would be great! Although I wouldn't have mind if they used the Ebbro 2CV moulds, as it's much better than Heller's own 2CV.

The R4 is a different story. Both Ebbro's and Heller's have severe inaccuracies. Ebbro made a mess of the interior and everything under the bonnet. They mixed up several different types, though the sprues look very good at first sight. When they released their R4 GTL variant, they didn't even try to upgrade the engine, while the differences are quite significant. 

Heller stuck to one version a lot better: their kit accurately depicts a GTL or late TL variant. However, the wheels are too large, as they re-used the wheels from the Renault 4CV. I hope they re-tool those for the Fourgonnette variant, otherwise I might pass on it. I don't feel like sourcing yet another extra set of Ebbro wheels.     

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman

2 hours ago, Zippo the Zipdrive said:

I wish they could update the Super Etandard.

It's probably my fault - I have yet to start my reworking of the Heller Super Etendard in my stash 😆

Cheers, Moggy

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Zippo the Zipdrive said:

So the only NEW TOOL aircraft is the E-2. I wish they could update the Super Etandard.

That’s one more new tool aircraft than they have done for many years.

• Like 3

On 12/25/2022 at 12:35 PM, fightersweep said:

I would add another vote for a 1/24 205 GTI.

And another one.

I owned three 205s, a silver 205 XS with factory sunroof, a black 1.9 GTI and a bright red 1.6 GTI. That last one was my favourite.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 4:44 PM, Moggy said:

It's probably my fault - I have yet to start my reworking of the Heller Super Etendard in my stash 😆

Cheers, Moggy

Hmmm maybe I should start on mine aswell so [insert model maufacturer] will release a new one, making my efforts wasted. :)

On 12/27/2022 at 6:44 PM, VMA131Marine said:

That’s one more new tool aircraft than they have done for many years.

Here is hoping for a brighter future!

On 25/12/2022 at 12:35, fightersweep said:

I would add another vote for a 1/24 205 GTI. I'd also love to see Heller cover some more standard "bread and Butter" French cars such as the Renault 18, oh! and a Renault 17 would be nice too.

If I was being really "wish listy", then I would be hoping for Heller to "upscale" their 1/43 Rover 3500 and Austin Princess to 1/24. I can dream I guess.

A Renault R16,Dauphine or Caravelle in 1/24 scale.

Saluti

Giampiero

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 9:08 PM, Admiral Puff said:

I wonder if the L.1049 and DC-6 "Starter Kits" are repops of the old 1:72 moulds, or something new in another scale ...

It's a pity that the DC-6B is being issued with Air France markings, as that airline never flew the type.  An Air Atlantique one was painted in AF livery for a movie, I think, but that's all.  Anyway, it is still good to see these nice kits being reissued.

1 hour ago, Irish 251 said:

It's a pity that the DC-6B is being issued with Air France markings, as that airline never flew the type.  An Air Atlantique one was painted in AF livery for a movie, I think, but that's all.  Anyway, it is still good to see these nice kits being reissued.

I was actually hoping for a new mould. The old one has a few shape problems that are not all that easy to fix, but could be solved if the mould was redone.

On 28/12/2022 at 22:31, GiampieroSilvestri said:

A Renault R16,Dauphine or Caravelle in 1/24 scale.

Saluti

Giampiero

As much as I'd also love to buy a new tool 1:24 R16, I suspect that Heller is more likely to reissue their exisitingfull detail 1:20 R16 kit.

Were there Gordini versions of the Dauphine, as there were with the R8?  If so, that may make one more likely.