1/72 - Grumman E-2C Hawkeye by Heller (new tool) - box art+3D renders - release in 2023

Homebee

Heller is back with a new tool aircraft kit! Announcement with 3D renders (Kinetic looking...) 1/72nd Grumman E-2C Hawkeye kits.

Three boxings are already scheduled: US Navy, Japan/Taïwan and French Navy.

Source 17.59' :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5qG8llYFqY

E2.png

First boxings - ref. 82300 & starter kit with paints - ref. 83300 - Grumman E-2C Hawkeye - US Navy

Sources:

https://www.glow2b.de/view.php?sku=1000823000

https://www.glow2b.de/view.php?sku=1000583000

1000823000.jpg

1000583000-3.jpg

1000583000-1.jpg

1000583000-2.jpg

1000583000-4.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Grumman E-2C Hawkeye by Heller (new tool?) - box art+3D renders - release in 2023
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Grumman E-2C Hawkeye by Heller (new tool) - box art+3D renders - release in 2023
39 minutes ago, DominikS said:

They also could, as a French company, make some new tool French WWII planes.

In time. For now, it's just plain good to see new designed and tooled kits from Heller instead of re-releases or reboxes from other manufacturers. 
Really hope it pays off and we will eventually see new tooled French oddities.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DominikS said:

They also could, as a French company, make some new tool French WWII planes.

Heller is no longer a French company:

Heller Hobby GmbH

Erlenbacher Str. 3
42477 Radevormwald
Germany

• Like 2

That does look lovely and I quite fancy one.

But a starter set? Folding wings with a lot of stress on the joint and a big spinney thing on top of a lattice arrangement seems a good way make sure someone never buys another kit!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Fukuryu said:

Heller is no longer a French company:

From what I heard, the product development still happens in France. "Just" the headquarter is in Germany, but Glow2B is more management and sales than product development and manufacturing.

Alex

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, alex said:

From what I heard, the product development still happens in France.

It doesn't matter. Many manufacturers order moulds from Chinese workshops, which does not mean they are Chinese companies.

Heller informed about more than 1,500 moulds in their warehouse, and they have also committed hundreds of thousands of euros to their restoration. This means that they will be primarily based on them for a long time. There will be just a few premieres a year and they will not necessarily be large or military-related at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IT_Man said:

Think I read somewhere that this is scaled down from Kinetic 1/48 (though can't lay my hands on where I saw that now!)

Is that a bad thing? I really don't know much about Kinetic, as 1/48th scale is not my scale, 1/72nd scale is. It's nice to see this kitted, especially being a new kit from Heller.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

Hi,

This kit is not an Heller.

This is the Kinetic 1:48 produced in 1:72. Glow2b is the distributor of Kinetic in Germany and many european countries.

The CAO look like a mixt with E-2 C Hawkeye and E-2D Advanced Hawkeye. Many changes with the new aircraft.

-Antennas,

-Refuelliing prob,

-radar ...

SPang

6 hours ago, SPang said:

Hi,

This kit is not an Heller.

This is the Kinetic 1:48 produced in 1:72. Glow2b is the distributor of Kinetic in Germany and many european countries.

The CAO look like a mixt with E-2 C Hawkeye and E-2D Advanced Hawkeye. Many changes with the new aircraft.

-Antennas,

-Refuelliing prob,

-radar ...

SPang

If you want to get technical, outsourcing of design and production of kit moulds is common in the model kit industry. Airfix outsourced their K2/Y Ambulance to Academy. Is that an Academy kit? Revell outsources their kit design and mould tooling to 3rd parties. Are they still Revell kits. Plus, there is no SHRINK button in the design software that will automatically downsize the design of a 1/48th scale kit to 1/72. You can reuse the research and maybe the external surface contours but everything else has to be done from scratch.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

There is no SHRINK button in the design software that will automatically downsize the design of a 1/48th scale kit to 1/72. You can reuse the research and maybe the external surface contours but everything else has to be done from scratch.

It will be 2023 next week and people are still not only believing, but writing publicly that projects are being downsized with a magic slider. Sometimes I feel that with all these beliefs, some kind of modelling mythology could be written.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

23 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Sometimes I feel that with all these beliefs, some kind of modelling mythology could be written.

Not a good idea, next thing they will be saying "It is true, it is written in The Holy Book!"... 😏

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 6:47 PM, IT_Man said:

Think I read somewhere that this is scaled down from Kinetic 1/48 (though can't lay my hands on where I saw that now!)

On 12/23/2022 at 6:55 PM, Learstang said:

Is that a bad thing? I really don't know much about Kinetic, as 1/48th scale is not my scale, 1/72nd scale is. It's nice to see this kitted, especially being a new kit from Heller.

Regardless of how it's done - hopefully they will see sufficient sales to justify issuing Kinetic's Super Etendard SUE in the same smaller scale.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...