Readly app

ForestFan

Hi, I subscribe to Readly but I’ve noticed this month that the current issues from the key publishing group aren’t yet available, despite them being in the shop for over a week (Air forces monthly, aeroplane monthly for example). I’ve tried contacting Readly but I’ve just had a stock response. Anyone else notice this? Any insights?

cheers

I'm a subscriber too and also noticed Aeroplane Monthly wasn't out yet on the system. I did send an email to them but no response at all so far. I have noticed in the past that when a magazine title is dropped, even the copies you have already downloaded disappear very quickly. Fingers crossed they get these Key Publishing titles back up again.

Cheers, Andy

5 hours ago, Andy Young said:

I'm a subscriber too and also noticed Aeroplane Monthly wasn't out yet on the system. I did send an email to them but no response at all so far. I have noticed in the past that when a magazine title is dropped, even the copies you have already downloaded disappear very quickly. Fingers crossed they get these Key Publishing titles back up again.

Cheers, Andy

Hi, I’ve heard back and they’ve said that Key Publishing titles will not be available going forward. Pity 

12 hours ago, Andy Young said:

That’s a shame. I did rather suspect they were no longer available when the new issues didn’t appear.

cheers, Andy

You can get an E-subscription direct from Key Publishing - https://shop.keypublishing.com/collections/historic-aviation-subscriptions-1/products/aeroplane-magazine-subscription-digital

Thanks Dave, I've just done that and downloaded the Jan '23 issue.

It's a reasonable deal at Key Publishing at £2.92 an issue - if you go to Pocketmags it works out at £4 per issue, despite the Key Publications delivering your copy via Pocketmags. Must be some fancy economic reasons for that!

Cheers, Andy

• 5 weeks later...

Yep noticed that too. I noticed somewhere that the reason was an increased digital use of the magazines. Well we are living in the digital age, and I'm not taking out individual subscriptions of magazines I have only a passing interest in. In my view it is a very stupid and shortsighted decision taken by Key publishing - probably one who is in charge of an excel sheet "bean counter" type that thinks is will strengthen physical sales... 😞

Flemming

It's a major bummer them going off readly, it was a steal 5 or 6 monthlys for what 8 quid a month and it wasn't even that my brother also has his profile for the same on  my account too.

I think I will be cancelling my subscription sadly as I don't really use it for anything else.