Classy Hobby, 1/16 British Stuart VI [M5A1]

Another great release that  Classy Hobby Stuart VI

I have been looking forward to this kit ever, since it was announced I also have the American version.

One thing I have noticed, oh gathering reference photos that British Stuart seemed to have the same track all the way through the war, and not long after D-Day, they seem to have got rid of the track  grousers.The decals for the Irish Guards. And a a Czechoslovakian Tank. I will leave a review up to those who are good at that sort of thing if you’re tempted, go out and buy one. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by magman2
Update
  • Like 4

• magman2 changed the title to I love kit, 1/16 British Stuart VI [M5A1]

Hi.

I'm certainly no expert, but shouldn't the word "causers" read "grousers"? I seem to remember that was the section of track which projected out sideways from the end of the track-link, designed to spread the weight of the tank better on soft ground. Was this a case of Auto-Correct?   

Cheers.

Chris. 

Actually the grousers were bars which fitted across the tracks, clamping on to the end connectors. The things stowed on the side of the turret on the box art. You're thinking of Extended End Connectors. Commonly called "duckbills" and frequently incorrectly called grousers.

On any kind of soft going the plain rubber block tracks like those in the kit gave almost no traction and the grousers were very necessary. The steel cleat track types, and even the rubber chevron types, gave much better traction on soft ground. You do see grousers fitted in the icy winter and mushy Spring of 44-45 in NW Europe. Also occasionally in the Pacific.

Edited by Kingsman
addition
  • Thanks 1

Plus, it’s a classy hobby kit (not I love kit).

this one has the spoked roadwheels. Finally!

still hoping for an aftermarket producer to provide us with backplates for the dished wheels. Classy seems to have forgotten them. You just get open wheels (from the backside).

• magman2 changed the title to Classy Hobby, 1/16 British Stuart VI [M5A1]

Yes I was getting confused as I have two of the I love kit Shermans.

The first kit, which I call the budget kit I think was released as a response to Andy 

HBL kit. It has the same single pin T66 tracks and turret As  the Andy kit and could be purchased for less than £100 in the UK.

The premium kit has a double pin T80 tracks and a turret has the split loaders hatch and all the extras.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Does the premium kit have the interior, or just more parts for detail? 

I'm asking as I'm looking at a large scale kit as a future project.

Thanks, 

Keith 😁

21 hours ago, Keeff said:

Does the premium kit have the interior, or just more parts for detail? 

I'm asking as I'm looking at a large scale kit as a future project.

Thanks, 

Keith 😁

I believe that neither kit has an interior, other then the main gun.