Water-solvent putty like Perfect Plastic Putty

sroubos

I have been using Perfect Plastic Putty for years and I love the stuff. Excess can be wiped off in seconds with a damp tissue and as such it is perfect for filling gaps without destroying surrounding detail. 

Unfortunately my supply is running dry and here in the Netherlands it is like unobtanium; I'm therefore looking for an alternative that has the same characteristics. Is anybody aware of such a product?

Thanks, I sent them an email.

I have Vallejo's putty, tried it as a replacement. It's weird stuff, resembles dried up tooth paste as it's slightly flexible. But it's NOT water soluble. I'm sure it has its uses, but not as a modelling tool for me :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did a test with a ready mixed wall filler and the result is soso. While it does fill and bond well enough (OK - i used it on some 3D printed parts - not IP plastic but I suppose it will not make a huge difference) it needs more than one layer of primer to blend in. I just sprayed a layer of Valeijo black primer and the filler shows clearly. More than PPP would do. That said the filler area is a bit large, so if you just have to fill the usual gaps it will be less obvious.

So if you can get PPP go for it. Though the Brexithing may have had its impact here as well - my last local hobby shop standing is running out of Humbrol colours. Shurely they started with those two I needed... They say they would cost 3,80 Euro per tin now if they source them as usual so they currently wait for whatever happening before ordering new tins...

Would German shops help? These two seem to have stock:

https://www.modellbau-profi.de/Lackieren-Folieren-und-Laminieren/Grundierung-und-Spachtel/Spachtel/Perfect-Plastic-Putty-Spachtel-40ml-Tube-DELUXE.htm?SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=00644089&p=1539

https://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/katalog/deluxe-materials-44089-perfect-plastic-putty-40ml.html

Or evilbay?