Knocking up a Supermodel for Christmas - no such luck!

AdrianMF

… in this case a Fiat G.55. The kit comes with a selection of simple colour schemes suitable for a quick build, so I will be choosing a complex experimental four colour splinter scheme instead. Obviously.

Pictures of the kit shortly

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

… in this case a Fiat G.55. The kit comes with a selection of simple colour schemes suitable for a quick build, so I will be choosing a complex experimental four colour splinter scheme instead. Obviously.

Pictures of the kit shortly

Regards,

Adrian

Great title Adrian. 

and stop calling me Shorty!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/12/2022 at 13:53, Hockeyboy76 said:

I was fully expecting to see a picture of @modelling minion‘s Jacuzzi

I'll have you know this is a family thread and I've asked Security to keep an eye on you...

Here's the kit:

33522590-5027-4293-9-CD7-FF6-F6-BB935-E1

It's a child of its time (1968) but basically sound. The nose and spinner look a bit bulbous and the fuselage is reported to be 2-3mm short. The shortness is all in the cowling*, so I will extend it and thin down the spinner to align with the resulting extra taper. And I might as well admit now that I'll be messing with the cockpit and wheel wells, and maybe doing a bit of rescribing. Supermodels are high maintenance...

* [edit] it isn’t - I mis-measured the first time around.

• Like 10

17 hours ago, stevehnz said:

You can show me what I missed out on.

Not a lot, seeing as the much-superior Sword twin-pack is available at less than a tenner a model. There are so many different colour schemes I'm strongly tempted to get one (er, that is, two) so I can paint up a couple more. And no promises, but this may not be the only G55 in the GB...

Regards,

Adrian

3 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Not a lot, seeing as the much-superior Sword twin-pack is available at less than a tenner a model. There are so many different colour schemes I'm strongly tempted to get one (er, that is, two) so I can paint up a couple more. And no promises, but this may not be the only G55 in the GB...

@Enzo the Magnificent may suggest that they all get built! 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

I'd never even heard of this firm, but could provide something quirky for the Italian job GB I'm thinking 

I've got a few of their kits in the stash:

46607428715_64a8d95ace_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

On 12/20/2022 at 1:53 PM, Hockeyboy76 said:

With a title like that, I was fully expecting to see a picture of @modelling minion‘s Jacuzzi and the “rent a wife” with @Dansk providing the bubbles

I have been assured that all those images have been destroyed, for everybody's sake.

Looking forward to seeing this one Adrian, its a very nice scheme.

🇺🇦

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Regards,

Adrian

I do have one of them, the first boxing but according to Scalemates, both boxings have the same decal options, it was mainly for those I bought them, some brilliant schemes in there. Maybe need some SM G-55s to use the decals on.

Steve.

• Like 1

Well, I was just having a late-morning snack when something reminded me there’s a bunch of people trying to complete a model over Christmas:

87047-C1-F-0170-4-C55-9171-C783-B3710-B4

-sigh- oh, go on then:

117-F6153-9-A83-4-B19-A4-F8-02027-C98-BA

24-A60-C6-D-A381-47-D0-BB43-4-C301571-F5

So, note the availability of two straightforward colour schemes - perfect! I did succumb to the charms of the Sword double G55 kit and, amazingly, it was delivered to my door from Jadlam on Christmas Eve less than 48 hours after ordering it!

There is no cockpit detail beyond a dodgy chair, the wheel well is pretty non existent and the fuselage is 2.5mm too short, but we’re gonna ignore all that and pick a simple colour scheme ‘cos it’s a Blitzbuild, right?

• Like 5

Cockpit done:

A7-CB1-D71-ECD4-44-AB-88-DB-8-BC4-AD552-

1hour 40min so far. Pilot seat is from the Pegasus kit of the Fairey Albacore earlier this year. Time to clean the blood off the interior of the fuselage and my phone screen too - trimming that insert was not incident free!

• Like 8