Vought YA-7D Corsair II, Edwards AFB, 1983.

Hi all,

Latest one to roll off the production line and the last one for 2022 is a Hasegawa 1/48 A-7D built as a YA-7D from the 6512th Test Squadron, 6510th Test Wing, Air Force Flight Test Center, Edwards AFB 1983. 

Built as part of my slowly expanding collection of aircraft from Edwards AFB this one would once more not have been possible with the excellent pictures taken and shared by our very own @Old Viper Tester, so another huge thank you to Sven for sharing these with us.

Built mostly OOTB but with a Master data probe for an F-16XL grafted onto a piece of brass rod and a conical fairing on the tail made from scrap sprue, with the decals coming from the kit and various other decal sheets to make up what I needed for this fairly unique looking Corsair.

Here are the pictures, i hope that you like them;

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And for those that are interested here is the build thread;

thanks for looking, and as usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

🇺🇦

• Like 33

10 minutes ago, Rod bettencourt said:

I really like that scheme! If I may suggest, make sure your panel line wash is a complete line. Thanks for sharing.

Rod 

Thanks Rod, very happy that you like the scheme.

The panel lines are there but for some reason don't show up clearly on the pictures.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Great looking scheme. How the heck u did the pitot and paint it is beyond me!

Thanks mate, the stripes are red decal over white paint, I had a go at masking and painting but I simply couldn't get it neat.

11 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Oh wow I love that, very cool!

Thanks very much I appreciate that.

10 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice, Craig. 

Cheers Martin, glad that you like her mate.

7 hours ago, Ad-4N said:

Love the SEA scheme tanks and wing panels.  Great job.

Thanks, thats one of the things that drew me to that particular aircraft, along with lots of International Orange.

🇺🇦

11 hours ago, Ad-4N said:

I see you are in Nuneaton.  Years before the internet, I had a modelling pen pal in Nuneaton named Terry Marriott.  Know him?  

As it happens I do know Terry, he was a founding member of the model club I am a member of. He stopped coming to club meetings a few years ago so I haven't seen him for quite a while but he has been in infrequent contact with a couple of the other members.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

4 hours ago, loloskymaster said:

Hello,  

Another great project with this Edwards YA-7! 😍 You allways give me good ideas for future projects. 

Very nice job, Craig. 

Lolo

Thank you Lolo, I am very glad that you like my A-7.

4 hours ago, spruecutter said:

Very nice work, Craig. Another eye-catching scheme. 

Cheers Richard, can't beat a bit of orange paint for catching your eye.

🇺🇦

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1