My attempt at Super detailing the 1:24 scale Alfa Romeo 159 "Alfetta" by Mistercraft

Fozzy

Hi everyone!

I'm not new to Britmodeller but I am certainly new to this vehicle forum! ....as normally I scratch build Aircraft!...so be easy on me!😉

I absolutely love the cars of the 50s era of motor racing....So here is my attempt at trying to improve the Mistercraft 1:24 scale Alfa Romeo "Alfetta" When I opened the box a few months ago I was shocked at what I was looking at............nothing! 😮...a few sprues of flash ,an incomplete engine.....basic of basic cockpit and awful wheels!.....so a lot of scratch building had to be done to make it look half decent!....hardly surprising I guess as it only cost £8!😉

Any way ...I hope you like the end result!

f1_(1).jpg

f1_(2).jpg

f1_(3).jpg

f1_(4).jpg

f1_(5).jpg

f1_(6).jpg

f1_(7).jpg

f1(8).jpg

f1(9).jpg

f2_(1).jpg

f2_(2).jpg

f2_(3).jpg

f2_(4).jpg

f2_(5).jpg

f2_(6).jpg

f2_(7).jpg

f3_(1).jpg

f3_(2).jpg

f3_(3).jpg

f4_(1).jpg

f4_(10).jpg

f4_(2).jpg

f4_(3).jpg

f4_(4).jpg

f4_(5).jpg

f4_(6).jpg

f4_(7).jpg

f4_(8).jpg

f4_(9).jpg

....a bit photo heavy I guess!..........but thanks for taking a look!🙂

A merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all !

Cheers 

Fozzy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fozzy said:

So here is my attempt at trying to improve the Mistercraft 1:24 scale Alfa Romeo

You've certainly done that.  Somewhere I have a lago Talbot by SMER, which I believe is originally from the same stable as you Alfa.  I can honestly its probably the most basic and awful kit I own. So real congratulations to have achieved the great level you have - Andy 

4 minutes ago, Toftdale said:

You've certainly done that.  Somewhere I have a lago Talbot by SMER, which I believe is originally from the same stable as you Alfa.  I can honestly its probably the most basic and awful kit I own. So real congratulations to have achieved the great level you have - Andy 

They are awful!....can't understand why they would leave half the engine missing!......at least you have pedals in the Lago Talbot....I should Know as I also have that kit for my sins!!.....going to have a big break before attempting that kit!😮

• Haha 2

Well done, Fozzy!! 

I've done this too, and looking at the pictures of your build brings it all back 🙄🤭

Those wheels look like the originals with spoking added!? Definitely the weakest of the weak points on the kit. 

Strangely I also built the Mercedes Uhlenhaut Coupe by Revell and the much better wheels and tyres are a perfect fit for this car, bigger rear set and everything! 

So I made a system for fitting and removing the wheels so that they can be shared, swapped over as required. 

It is indeed the ancient Merit kit which was basically contemporary with the car itself. 

I did the Talbot too, but I have to say I also built the Heller's version which is much better. MUCH better! If you want to give yourself a Christmas present...... 😎👍🎄🎉

Anyway, very well done on this 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Well done, Fozzy!! 

I've done this too, and looking at the pictures of your build brings it all back 🙄🤭

Those wheels look like the originals with spoking added!? Definitely the weakest of the weak points on the kit. 

Yes ,I used the original wheels and added spokes.....I was never going to put those clear plastic parts on!

I guess at the end of the day the kit was only £8....what would one expect with detail side of things!......but........I have to say I love these sort of kits as they are far more of a challenge than the "perfect" Tamiya kits....to name but a few!

Happy Xmas!

Fozzy

• Like 2

Mistercraft, a new name to me kit wise. Looks like the old Merit kit from days of yore! The moulds went to SMER, and I believe since went to Atlantis!I

This build certainly was a Labour of love, and just shows what can be done with a very basic, now vintage kit by a highly skilled model maker releasing its potential.

Brilliant build Fozzy!    You certainly got a lot of pleasure from your very inexpensive kit.

Have you got the Talbot Lago?

Edited by Noel Smith
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Noel Smith said:

Mistercraft, a new name to me kit wise. Looks like the old Merit kit from days of yore! The moulds went to SMER, and I believe since went to Atlantis!I

This build certainly was a Labour of love, and just shows what can be done with a very basic, now vintage kit by a highly skilled model maker releasing its potential.

Brilliant build Fozzy!    You certainly got a lot of pleasure from your very inexpensive kit.

Have you got the Talbot Lago?

Hi Noel....cheers mate!....and yes I do have the Talbot.....will attempt that build when I have had a break from this one!.....I just love these old racers from the 50s!

Merry Xmas

Fozzy

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 7:19 PM, Tomasz Zamiara said:

Zrobiłeś piękny samochód z tego... beznadziejnego zestawu 👌

Wielkie dzięki!... Tak, to okropny zestaw! 😮