A brace of festive Spitfires

TonyOD

45 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Crikey, this is a change of scale! Looking forward to seeing what you do with these, Tony.

Suffice to say that the colour schemes won't be historically accurate, strictly speaking! My significant other and are making a couple of Spitfire baubles to hang on our Christmas tree!

• Like 3

A closer look at these two little kits... it's a bit mind-boggling to think that they are very nearly half a century old! This boxing was released by Revell in 1973. Here's a sprue shot, as far as it goes: on sprue with nine very small parts, a miniscule canopy the masking of which doesn't even bear thinking about, and a further transparent sprue with a stand that won't be used. Given their age it seems a pity to cut open the bags, but this I did. I'm not sure we'll use the decals even if we can, we'll see. Oh, and each kit comes with a little capsule of cement which is, er, past its best.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TonyOD said:

A closer look at these two little kits... it's a bit mind-boggling to think that they are very nearly half a century old! This boxing was released by Revell in 1973. Here's a sprue shot, as far as it goes: on sprue with nine very small parts, a miniscule canopy the masking of which doesn't even bear thinking about, and a further transparent sprue with a stand that won't be used. Given their age it seems a pity to cut open the bags, but this I did. I'm not sure we'll use the decals even if we can, we'll see. Oh, and each kit comes with a little capsule of cement which is, er, past its best.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wow that is remarkable. These are antiques! Amazing to see how far model manufacturing has come!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

did you get them over the line and hung on the tree Tony.

Alas, with all that eating, drinking and making merry the wee fellas are still sitting on a cutting mat awaiting finishing touches. But they will definitely be on our 2023 tree! Hope you've had a good one. 

• Like 2

On 22/12/2022 at 10:43, TonyOD said:

With their big brother 😁

spacer.png

Merry Christmas.  Only just seen this.  Great idea to get Spitfires on the tree.    But also, this photo looks like the basis for an in-flight formation shot with use of minimum space to get the perspective...........er, wasn't this mentioned above 🥴..   I get there eventually.  It's an age thing you know......  Happy New Year.

• Like 1