qKe68jI.jpg

QV4G3TB.jpg

0Av0Uoc.jpg

sa52jML.jpg

4jH5nDv.jpg

hnfvIFr.jpg

CO4arSt.jpg

MHx1gdL.jpg

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about the Honda NSR 500 racer... truth is, all I know is what was written on the Tamiya instructions.

Spent about nine weeks on it and for a majority of that time it's had my undivided attention, just doing a little here and a little there. Because it's a racer, the only 'shiny' on it are the satin chrome exhaust tips, and for that I used Mr. Hobby lacquer 'SM206 - Chrome Silver'. I also home mixed the dark aluminium / light gunmetal tone for the frame rather than the flat aluminium that Tamiya call-out.

Fairing & mud-guard are Tamiya rattle cans and match the decals perfectly. Talking of which, there are a number of imperfections - all user error - in the decals especially around the intakes ahead of the No.3 decals, so there's some touching-up there. Again decals were applied over about six sessions, I spent a lot of time with the Micro Sol, cotton swabs and the hair-dryer, rolling and conforming them to the complex shapes of the fairings. Not 100%, but close-enough-for-government-work !

So that's all to say, have a brilliant Christmas & New Year. Please comment, criticise and ask any questions. Cheers from a VERY humid NZ.

Ian.

Edited by Ian
add photo.
  • Like 12

Good work. 

I remember this being, imo, unnecessarily awkward due to the front and lower fairing being connected, and the tank connected to the seat unit.

I built this prior to investing in PE saws. If I had the chance again I'd separate those parts. 

• Like 1