Post a Picture from a MAC

First thing that you must do, is reduce your photos down in size. I use Paint for all of my photos and by reducing them down to 20% of what they are on the camera, gives me a size of 922x622. Then you need a photo hosting site, and there are many of them, some of them free. I use Imgur as it's very simple to use. Ones to avoid are Photobucket, unless you like being ripped off, and Village Photos, as they've lost their security certificate, and therefore it's unsafe.

@Mike Do you think that it would be a good idea to remove my thread in FAQ's about Village Photos? I know that you have a red message at the beginning and the end of the thread warning people about the security aspect, but as  we all know, unless it come with bells, whistles and flashing lights, a lot of people just ignore it, so better if it wasn't there at all.

John.  

5 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

@Mike Do you think that it would be a good idea to remove my thread in FAQ's about Village Photos? I know that you have a red message at the beginning and the end of the thread warning people about the security aspect, but as  we all know, unless it come with bells, whistles and flashing lights, a lot of people just ignore it, so better if it wasn't there at all.

Could do.  No SSL, no sale, and if they've not fixed it by now, it's a fair bet there's no-one at the tiller :captain:

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Could do.  No SSL, no sale, and if they've not fixed it by now, it's a fair bet there's no-one at the tiller :captain:

Yes, I think that it's preferable to having someone read it and think that VP is the place to.

John.

S'dun :yes:

Now, back to @Aidan.H, have you figured out how to post pics on the forum?  It won't be very different from doing it with a PC, as you just need to find an online host.  once you've done that, it's just a case of copying and pasting the link to your hosted pictures, pressing space or enter, and off you go! :)

• Like 1