Service unavailable

Hi Bertie,

If you are writing sizeable responses then, to avoid losing that work, I would recommend typing up your response in Word, or Notepad etc., then copy it over to BM when you are happy with it.   I do this for updates in my  WIPs, mainly so that I can proofread my work for spelling and punctuation etc., before going to print.    Initially it sounds like an additional overhead; however, it can save a lot of time with retyping.

Cheers,

Mike

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bootneck said:

Hi Bertie,

If you are writing sizeable responses then, to avoid losing that work, I would recommend typing up your response in Word, or Notepad etc., then copy it over to BM when you are happy with it.   I do this for updates in my  WIPs, mainly so that I can proofread my work, for spelling and punctuation etc., before going to print.    Initially it sounds like an additional overhead; however, it can save a lot of time with retyping.

Cheers,

Mike

Good idea. I dont think that works with photos though

• Like 1

I also get logged out randomly when using my phone on the website. 

When clicking to post on a topic I don't get automatically sent to the text entry box. 

When following a notification I'm taken to a random point on the page, not to the actual reaction. 

The entire site becomes unavailable for minutes at a time. 

(I don't get these problems with any other website)

There are work around for all of these of course but I wonder whether something more serious underlies all of these symptoms?

8 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Good idea. I dont think that works with photos though

Actually, it (mostly) does - as long as you use the link to the photo in your text editor.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I get 503'd almost constantly now, not really a nuisance, I just reload and it's fine, thought I'd report on it though. I have a modern computer and up to date browser with a stable internet connection so not sure what causes it...