Was going well until........

pacificmustang

2022 was proceeding readily on the modelling front until the latter half of the year.  We had our house on the market and sold quicker than expected, so the bench had to get packed up

Still managed 5 though, so not too shabby, as that seems to be my average output.

In order of completion

Eduard's superb 1/48 Spitfire Mk1. 

A very enjoyable kit, this one finished using Fundekls "Early Spitfires part2"

I have bought several more!

Eduard 1/48 Spitfire Mk1

Next was Accurate Miniature's 1/48 now rather old B-25C/D .  This was not as fun as the Spitfire .

Nor  was not it as good a kit as I seem to remember from when I first built it upon its initial release

Decals from Eaglecals

reveal 1

Continuing on with kits-that-arent-fun-but-need-to-be-built

Fly Models 1/32 Hurricane MkIId

52199673938_b95880d610_b.jpg

I needed a bit of a quick easy build after that. The Hasegawa 1/48 Ki-44 Tojo fir the bill although it took me 2 goes to get the camouflage right

Hasegawa 1/48 Ki-44 Tojo

Meng's 1/48 F-18E was another enjoyable build, although I raced it to the finish line as we were starting to pack up the house

Meng 1/48 F-18E Super Hornet

Once Xmas is done with, time will be spent getting a new bench up and running so full production can be resumed.

as Im transitioning to retirement now, Im expecting that production to be fruitful

Enjoy the season fellow Britmodellers

Bruce

• Like 33

Bruce,

Some lovely work on show there, all finished to a very high standard. My favourite is the Mitchell - the worn invasion stripes are superb!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

Beautiful builds. I agree with the above, the effect you've achieved on that Mitchell really grabs the eye, it looks so good. The detail you've managed to bring out on the spit is also really stunning. A lovely collection.

Andy

• Thanks 1

Quality over quantity, Bruce, a very nice selection of models. Like others above, the Mitchell is my choice, with the added bonus that it's Accurate Miniatures, generally brilliant kits.

On the bench is AM's TBM-3D Avenger, the one time mount of George H W Bush. Haven't got far into it, just painting jobs before assembly, but I'm enjoying the kit immensely.

Would be good to catch up when the opportunity presents.

Compliments of the Season, mate.

Rog

10 hours ago, roginoz said:

Quality over quantity, Bruce, a very nice selection of models. Like others above, the Mitchell is my choice, with the added bonus that it's Accurate Miniatures, generally brilliant kits.

On the bench is AM's TBM-3D Avenger, the one time mount of George H W Bush. Haven't got far into it, just painting jobs before assembly, but I'm enjoying the kit immensely.

Would be good to catch up when the opportunity presents.

Compliments of the Season, mate.

Rog

That’s a lovely model Roger . You’ll enjoy it. Would love to catch up too, but we’ve now moved to NSW for the better weather 

Hope your Xmas is filled with joy

Bruce 

• Like 1

Having build both the Hurricane IID and IIC from Fly I can sympathise with your feelings, but since they are the only options out there in that scale needs must :D

A nice selection with hopefully more to add in the coming year!

• Like 1

A nice line up Bruce & like others I'm very impressed with the Mitchell, superb painting & weathering on show, my personal favourite though is the Hurricane IID, maybe just 'cause they're a plane I like rather a lot. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 11:00 AM, Kallisti said:

Having build both the Hurricane IID and IIC from Fly I can sympathise with your feelings, but since they are the only options out there in that scale needs must :D

A nice selection with hopefully more to add in the coming year!

I actually looked at your builds before tackling mine. It seems all goes well if you completely get rid of the casting block on the undercarriage bay. I’ll certainly be buying a Revell IIc when they release it 

On 12/15/2022 at 8:26 AM, pacificmustang said:

2022 was proceeding readily on the modelling front until the latter half of the year.  We had our house on the market and sold quicker than expected, so the bench had to get packed up

Still managed 5 though, so not too shabby, as that seems to be my average output.

In order of completion

Eduard's superb 1/48 Spitfire Mk1. 

A very enjoyable kit, this one finished using Fundekls "Early Spitfires part2"

I have bought several more!

Eduard 1/48 Spitfire Mk1

Next was Accurate Miniature's 1/48 now rather old B-25C/D .  This was not as fun as the Spitfire .

Nor  was not it as good a kit as I seem to remember from when I first built it upon its initial release

Decals from Eaglecals

reveal 1

Continuing on with kits-that-arent-fun-but-need-to-be-built

Fly Models 1/32 Hurricane MkIId

52199673938_b95880d610_b.jpg

I needed a bit of a quick easy build after that. The Hasegawa 1/48 Ki-44 Tojo fir the bill although it took me 2 goes to get the camouflage right

Hasegawa 1/48 Ki-44 Tojo

Meng's 1/48 F-18E was another enjoyable build, although I raced it to the finish line as we were starting to pack up the house

Meng 1/48 F-18E Super Hornet

Once Xmas is done with, time will be spent getting a new bench up and running so full production can be resumed.

as Im transitioning to retirement now, Im expecting that production to be fruitful

Enjoy the season fellow Britmodellers

Bruce

Yea good luck with a fruitful model building retirement!  Hasn't worked for me sadly!😅  Nice builds though - especially that Eduard Spit!

5 hours ago, Graham T said:

Yea good luck with a fruitful model building retirement!  Hasn't worked for me sadly!😅  Nice builds though - especially that Eduard Spit!

So far it’s not working well here either😕 . I’m sure things will settle down once we’ve established ourselves  in the new house 

I have managed to sort my decal collection though!

Bruce 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some fab builds there, I agree with all the other praise here, so much good stuff to see in all these builds. I'll also agree with you on the Fly Hurricane, having built it myself, it's a pig of a kit, you've done a way better job than me with her though.

12 hours ago, MRMRL said:

Some fab builds there, I agree with all the other praise here, so much good stuff to see in all these builds. I'll also agree with you on the Fly Hurricane, having built it myself, it's a pig of a kit, you've done a way better job than me with her though.

Very kind of you. Are you getting the new Revell Hurricane to try ?

Bruce 

8 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

Very kind of you. Are you getting the new Revell Hurricane to try ?

Bruce 

Probably not, I tend to only build one of each thing (with a couple of exceptions). Maybe one day, when more of the stash is built, I'll look at some of my builds and try to redo them.

• Like 1