Revell Gloster Meteor 1/32

IT_Man

7 hours ago, hopkp said:

Unfortunately I suspect that (a) the price isn't out by 100 euro, (b) there are no fancy 'extras' included and (c) the price of 159 euro being quoted is simply reflective of the utterly crazy cost of just about everything these days. I doubt that things are going to improve in that regard in 2023.....

7 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

At that price there is no way I will have one.

Without extras, at €159 I'm hoping it's two kits in one box with all the tooled sprues in one go for two different variants. (Either that or it's 1/24th scale and is accompanied with a suitably matched car kit.) 

Tony 

Ok, some preliminary information until confirmed by Revell; the initial kit will be an F.3, and as it is going to be in the "Premium" range, the price is correct, though no doubt as with other Revell kits, discounts will probably be available.

That's all the information I have, so no point asking me any questions, sorry for being curt.

52 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

...the initial kit will be an F.3...

Thanks, but no thanks! An F.8 in 1/32 I'd buy in a heartbeat, but I've zero interest in the earlier versions (especially at the price being quoted).

• Like 3

Here we go. Interesting choice but still not *quite* right. And we haven't even had CAD images to pick to pieces! Maybe we should be happy that a mainstream manufacturer is giving us something a bit less conventional in a scale that hasn't been done before? Plus plenty of choices for weird engine test beds too...

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Here we go. Interesting choice but still not *quite* right. And we haven't even had CAD images to pick to pieces! Maybe we should be happy that a mainstream manufacturer is giving us something a bit less conventional in a scale that hasn't been done before? Plus plenty of choices for weird engine test beds too...

Fair comment SJ and not wishing to be negative myself, I can see that most of the comments are probably attributable to frustration. As for myself, I have a bit of a fearful thought that sales of the kit might not be what will be needed to recoup the investment and could jeopardise future unusual projects from Revell.

6 hours ago, NavyWessex said:

Given the relatively cost affective price of their recent 1/32 Hurricane Mk II.B at around 40£, I struggle to see how the price point for this Meteor could simply be inflatable related? 

given that they priced the premium edition (Technik) of the otherwise sub-£40 1/32 Spitfire IX at between £170 and £180 in the UK, I am certain that the regular edition which follows this premium-range release will be more in line with usual Revell pricing 

What I see Revell doing here is they are releasing the initial kit as either a premier edition or technik edition. What I imagine is the sales of those ranges are quite poor, so maybe if we released a new flagship or signature release kit of 2023 as a technik or premier edition it will boost sales more than the base kit

2 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

I think that you are reading too much into my comment.

Why did I use surprising? It is because I do no think they will sell many of a version that had limited schemes or versions.

When I got bored of waiting for a Scimitar I set up a company to create a kit of it so your comment is not justified.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Scimitar F1 said:

I think that you are reading too much into my comment.

Why did I use surprising? It is because I do no think they will sell many of a version that had limited schemes or versions.

When I got bored of waiting for a Scimitar I set up a company to create a kit of it so your comment is not justified.

I wasn't commenting on yours.

3 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

The pessimist in me says nah

The optimist in me says, maybe its the first of several versions 🤞

That's such a great attitude. However, I can't see a "forwards derivative" of the F.3 without it being almost a brand new tooling. We'll just have to wait for the parts break-down to see if that looks remotely possible. 

Has sonebody, somewhere, made a 1/32 doodlebug kit that might be slipped into a (WW2) wartime boxing?

An F.3 would have excited me as a 12 year-old back in the day, but at 64 I like 'em with big colourful squadron bands and red-white-blue roundels.

Wondering if Airfix are going to evokve their F.8/FR.9 in 1/48th scale.

To

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tony.t said:

An F.3 would have excited me as a 12 year-old back in the day, but at 64 I like 'em with big colourful squadron bands and red-white-blue roundels.

Must be something to do with being 64! I'm headed for that on my next birthday and couldn't agree more with your comment.....I  lost interest in the whole 'endless WW2 reruns' thing a very long time ago now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

The pessimist in me says nah

The optimist in me says, maybe its the first of several versions 🤞

We can but hope, but as someone has already pointed out there are big differences between an F.3 and an F.8!

Edited by hopkp

A Mk.III would be nice.

But - I'd buy just 1.

A later mark - and I'd buy quite a few...

I guess, to most of their audience, a Meteor is a Meteor - and a wartime 'companion' to their 262 to boot.

We'll see what we see I guess - it'll be yet another new release in my go to scale - so what's not to like?  :)

Iain

• Like 2

3 hours ago, modelldoc said:

Gloster Meteor:

400 parts, PE-sets, -named as "First Edition" whatever this means.

moidelldoc

May be related to the future possibility of reboxings if the kit is an F.1, F.3 or F.4. The main differences would be covered by making fuselage halves chopped at the front to make way for the F.4 cockpit and windscreen, plus wings with separate engine intakes and inserts for the wingtips. If done like this, it would be easy to rebox the model in several  early variants.

15 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

May be related to the future possibility of reboxings if the kit is an F.1, F.3 or F.4. The main differences would be covered by making fuselage halves chopped at the front to make way for the F.4 cockpit and windscreen, plus wings with separate engine intakes and inserts for the wingtips. If done like this, it would be easy to rebox the model in several  early variants.

How much of a jigsaw puzzle would they need to make of the kit in order to allow an F.8 as well?