Bristol Beaufort Mk I, 16 Squadron, SAAF, Madagascar, 1942

That is soooo nice .  I'm  in the middle of doing mine and found the main undercart fiddly and need beefing up at the rear. Grat kit though.

Dick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice one Russ , looks very nice indeed. :goodjob: like you i was craving for a 1.48th Beaufort for years and finely gave in to the Sanger kit ☹️ in the end i only used the fuselage , the rest came from the Tamiya Beaufighter :doh:  i now have the ICM kit and seeing yours has inspired me to start building mine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They need to change the name of this site to "Russ and the Britmodellers".  This is just amazing. The Beau harkens back to a day when low level torpedo attacks by big slow twins in broad daylight had a chance of survival.  As an aside, I spoke to a Corsair pilot years ago. He watched Avenger attacks on a Japanese battleship. Said that out of six planes only one got through. One crashed directly into the battleship. 

Edited by 28ZComeback
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Russ,

this Beaufort is superlatively beautiful! Congratulations for possibly one of your best builds ever.

Bravo!

JR

• Thanks 1

Russ,

Lovely work as ever. I'm about to kick off my second build of the Airfix kit and very much looking forward to getting my paws on one of these. Cracking build sir,

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, jenko said:

That is soooo nice .  I'm  in the middle of doing mine and found the main undercart fiddly and need beefing up at the rear. Grat kit though.

Dick

Thanks Dick, yeah the undercarriage is a bit of a nightmare, esp` getting it lined up. Look forward to seeing yours

Cheers Russ

23 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Neat Job as usual Russ but how was the build? Troublesome? Mine is waiting I finish my Erla G-10, then I'll do it. cheers.

Thanks Jean, the builds pretty good, only the over complicated undercarriage gave me any grief 

Cheers Russ

6 hours ago, mahavelona said:

A lovely model! I am keen on the scheme, have you found a photo of the actual airframe as I have struggled?

Thanks `M`, no I didn`t bother looking for it specifically, seemed straight forward enough for my shelves. What I did see was that they all seemed very worn, I may have not gone far enough on mine🙂

Cheers Russ