Tamiya Vought F4U-1D Corsair 1/48

Haven't posted in a while, so thought i'd post my latest project...not quite finished as i still need to add the rockets and may finish the included Tug at some point. Had a go at cutting my own USAF insignia stencils this time, which came out better than expected. i used Vallejo Model Air Glossy Sea Blue for the main colour, but it came out a little dark in my opinion, also used these Wire Ferrule Crimp Terminals (below) which make excellent gun barrels and exhaust pipes, the first pic looks like it only has two exhausts but there actually three. Aware the not completely accurate but they do look much better than the plastic moulded ones. Anyway pics below, let me know what you think!

FjyZtx1WYAIJsft?format=jpg&name=900x900

FjyW9-QWAAApMvB?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FjyW_YsXgAEnkGt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FjyXAgwWQAI8FLw?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FjyXBryWYAEjpur?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FjyXF8qXEAEkpBB?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FjyXG_IWIAAhtsr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 22

what a brilliant idea to use these wire terminals. I will have to raid the stock of my wife, I think she uses them. And concerning your model: brilliant! Very well used, but not overdone...

Edited by Fred piket

39 minutes ago, Fred piket said:

what a brilliant idea to use these wire terminals. I will have to raid the stock of my wife, I think she uses them. And concerning your model: brilliant! Very well used, but not overdone...

Thanks for the feedback, the wire terminals are on Amazon for a couple of Pounds very easy to find - added a couple of close ups for you

Fj3QOrxWQAInFZS?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Fj3QOrxXoAMjYe2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1