Hevva!

• 2 months later...

It's been a while, poor health and the shakes. I've long had a problem with my left hand, half a cup of coffee takes about 10 seconds to re-appear on the floor.  My right hand is now starting to go the same way......:shrug:. Looking for solutions I've tried to justify  Zebras on a Cornish cliff 🙈. Tried to train them so that my hands meet in the middle :wall:

Sulked, thrown my toys out of the pram etc etc.

Finally decided I'd just do the best I can and get on with it, accepting the work isn't to the standard I would like :shrug:

Got my  Sea Thrift thanks to @beefy66

P1120998

Added thole pins and forward thwart plus weathering

P1130003

P1130002

Figures........:hmmm:cant mask them.

Happy with clothes, flesh tones still to do. I think I'll try oils

P1130009

P1130007

P1130006

Thought perhaps a telescope  and tripod would add to the scene

P1120999

P1130001

Thanks for stopping by

Stay safe

Kev

• Like 12

That is looking very very good.
I can hear the waves and smell the seaweed.

Many years ago I used to paint white metal figures, about 90mm tall and always used artist oils, their slow drying time is ideal to work in the high and low lights, to bring faces and clothing to life.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear you haven't been well Kev. It doesn't show in your work though. I particularly like the figures, although one of them seems to be missing something. Bitten off by a particularly evil seagull perchance?

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

It's very sad to find out that your hands are failing you, Kev.

But if you hadn't told us, we wouldn't even have noticed. Everything is going well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know the frustration of hands not being as good as they used to be. No-one else notices though, we are the only ones who remember how much better they used to be. 

And of course, that dio and the figures are coming on very well, from my point of view.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Martian said:

Sorry to hear you haven't been well Kev.

Likewise Kev, but I have to say your modelling skills still seem to be way beyond my own! 

Your update has shamed me into once again revisiting that Vosper I started a long while back, at the time as a direct result if watching your own inspirational MTB builds. I need to get onto that!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, longshanks said:

Finally decided I'd just do the best I can and get on with it, accepting the work isn't to the standard I would like 

Gidday Kev, I think that's the best stance to take. I don't think ANYONE has built a perfect model, no matter how dexterous we may be, or not. I'm sorry to hear of your issues, but as others have said, we wouldn't know it if you hadn't told us - the model looks terrific. Regards, Jeff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear you're not  well, Kev. Makes my problems fade into insignificance. Age and infirmity are a sweetheart. There are a few more things I'd love to build, but I don't think I'll ever manage them.

Hang in there. I really like this little dio.

• Thanks 1

Hope your feeling a bit better there now Kev glad I could help with the sea thrift this build is looking great so far just take your time and enjoy it even if you think it is not good enough we can see how much work you have put into it.  :worthy:

Stay Safe

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/05/2023 at 17:11, Faraway said:

I can hear the waves and smell the seaweed.

A nice thought 

On 14/05/2023 at 17:15, Martian said:

Bitten off by a particularly evil seagull perchance?

Could it be that you have an obsession with seagulls? :whistle::nodding:

On 14/05/2023 at 21:28, Terry1954 said:

shamed me into

Feel no shame . One thing I have learnt is that modelling is for enjoyment not for how others may perceive us 🤫

On 15/05/2023 at 03:54, ArnoldAmbrose said:

I don't think ANYONE has built a perfect model

Wise words !!

On 15/05/2023 at 07:28, seadog said:

Age and infirmity are a sweetheart

Not heard that one before 😂

On 15/05/2023 at 08:10, beefy66 said:

take your time and enjoy

Sound advice :thumbsup:

Many thanks to you all for your kind thoughts and support

Stay safe

Kev

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, longshanks said:

I think Martian could have some relations from Sunderland they do not nice things to Seagulls in that part of funny land.  :whistle:

A warning was sent out via FB to all pigeon's in the area last night after they lost in the play offs just saying.  😂

Stay Safe

beefy

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, longshanks said:

Since they pooped all over my Harbour Patrol launch on the morning of the Royal visit to our MVS unit after we had spent weeks getting her looking almost as good as new, I want the lot of them exterminated. :dalek1:

Is that an obsession?

Martian 👽

PS: Would chaining them all down and making them listed to a loop of Vogon poetry be going too far?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Martian said:

Since they pooped all over my Harbour Patrol launch

They poop all over everything on this side of Poole Harbour also, red Volvos especially 😬

Terry

On 14/05/2023 at 12:01, longshanks said:

It's been a while ...

Glad to see you back Kev.  I do miss your updates & comments.

Even though you're not up to par, the quality of your work doesn't show it.   This build looks great.

Hope you feel at least a little better as this build proceeds.

Looking forward to your next update.

John  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Kev, as others have said, very sorry to hear about your health problems, but if its any consolation this still looks brilliant, I'm sure that you feel that your work is being compromised, but honestly mate I dont see it in the result, keep up the poetic modelling, your audience wont let you backslide :worthy:

Cheers

David (and all the other Kev groupies)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dancona said:

I dont see it in the result, keep up the poetic modelling, your audience wont let you backslide

Thank you for your support. What used to take 2//3 attempts now takes 4,5 6.......:wall: :shrug:

Wow I've never had a groupie before :elephant: :rofl2:

I'll keep on trying

How goes the move? Looking forward to another Masterclass from you

Stay safe

Kev

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very Sad News

Just been informed by Dan  @Dads203 that Kev past away this morning some of you might not visit the Chat section as posted in there also so thought I would post here.  

A true gentleman and a brilliant modeller we will all miss him and his exceptional talents.

RIP Kev    :poppy:

Keith

• Thanks 6
  • Sad 4

Very difficult to think of something to say I feel an overwhelming sadness, he was a very skilled and creative modeller with the ability to tell stories artistically and poetically in miniature, there was always something very clever and interesting going on in his work.

Plus of course his cracking self deprecating sense of humour, I wish I had the chance to meet him.

RIP Kev

• Like 10

Could not have put it better. Kev will be sorely missed. I always enjoyed his models, his build threads and his general presence on these pages. His love of the sea and knowledge were very clear. I hope he finds smooth water and a favourable wind wherever he may be.

• Like 8

Really so sorry to hear this news, and further words fail me really.

Enjoyed absolutely everything about all your threads Kev.

RIP my friend.

Terry 

• Like 4