ICM 1/32 I-153 Chaika

Hello gents :) 

Here's my latest (and probably last) completion for 2022, the ICM 1/32 Polikarpov I-153 Chaika, in the markings of No.102 of 71 IAP flown by Petr Biskup in the Summer of 1942:

DSCN0620.jpg

DSCN0623.jpg

DSCN0624.jpg

DSCN0627.jpg

DSCN0628.jpg

DSCN0630.jpg

The kit was a nice easy build, as most of the ICM 1/32 kits seem to be. I didn't add much, just cobbled together a set of harness from HGW fabric seatbelt leftovers and added the rigging from 0.2mm nickel-silver rod (which didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, to be frank).

Paints used were Colourcoats ACS02 - AMT7 Blue, ACS08 - AMT-4 Olive-Green and ACS04 - AMT-6 Black (which I un-blacked a bit with some dark grey). Interior and undercarriage bays were, variously, ACS21 - A14 Steel Grey, ACS05 - WUP Grey Interior Primer and ACS03 - AII Green (based on various pictures of preserved or restored aircraft so may not be accurate but are at least effectively invisible on the finished model.)

The kit transfers were used, as far as I know for the only markings option which carried the RS-82 rockets. This aicraft had the undercarriage covers removed to save weight.

A couple of useful references if you are building a I-153:

https://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/i15/i-153/i-153painting/i-153painting.htm

https://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/i15/i-153/tapani/71iap-kbf/71iap-kbf.htm

Thanks for your attention gents :) 

Cheers, 

Stew

• Like 30

Great job on the Chaika, Stew! I have one of these myself, which I look forward to building - it looks like a very nice kit and obviously very nice results can be obtained with it.

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...