Anyone ordered / used decals from ‘Above and Below Graphics’ - Based in Canada?

Rabbit Leader

As the title suggests, I’d be keen to hear from anyone who has ordered / used decals from ‘Above and Below Graphics’, which are based in Canada? 

Their decal catalogue seems to cover a large range of Canadian subjects in all the major scales and before I put an order in for some Sabre and CF-100 decals, would like to know if their quality stands up to what I’d call good quality, individually cut, silk screen decals. 

Cheers and hoping for some reply / advice.. Dave 

I haven't ordered from them yet, but I have ordered items when William Burns was still running CanMilAir Decals and never had any issues. Hopefully the new dealers are just as good.

I wouldn't like for them to besmirch the good name of Canada.

Chris

• Thanks 1

Thanks Chris @dogsbody, I’ve since read a little more on their website and they say their decals are printed on one continuous sheet of paper, which requires individual decals to be cut out. They also mention something about colour density, so are not silk screen quality I gather. There’s a gallery of completed models that don’t look too bad, I might have to just bite the bullet and see for myself. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Just now, dogsbody said:

I haven't actually used any of the ones I've got yet, so I can't comment on that.

So none of those Gallery models are yours? C’mon Chris, time to finish one off wouldn’t you say? 

• Like 1

I used these on the CF-100 I built in the Canadian GB recently. No real issues with them they behaved as normal once cut out, the blues in the roundels could have been a tiny bit darker but overall, I thought they did fine. I think the white base to the decals was fractionally bigger in diameter than the blue, about my only grizzle. The photo makes it look worse than it did in reality though.

52447793788_fb74a1bba7_b.jpg

Steve.

Thanks for the feedback Steve, nice Clunk by the way… kinda like something I want to add to my collection. I’ll give it some thought, but that’s the kind of info I’m after. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I love ‘em 

I used their decals on a 1/48 CC-130 J (stretched) Herc and 1/48 CP-140 Aurora…they were the easiest parts of both builds. They come off the backing very quickly, are easy to place and even on a semi gloss paint had no silvering. They work with micro set and sol quite nicely.

the owner is helpful with any special requirements/ resizing needed.

highly recommended 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since this initial post I have purchased a few sets of spares that the owner was advertising on Facebook. When I received them l, the order was slightly incorrect, however a quick email back sorted the issue very quickly and professionally. I have not used mine as yet, however glad to hear they are good to use. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• 2 months later...
On 9/8/2023 at 12:40 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Since this initial post I have purchased a few sets of spares that the owner was advertising on Facebook. When I received them l, the order was slightly incorrect, however a quick email back sorted the issue very quickly and professionally. I have not used mine as yet, however glad to hear they are good to use. 

Cheers.. Dave 

I know a few people who have used them and their builds are fantastic. I also followed Chris’s build (Aurora and Herc) and those too were fabulous, although I didn’t see them in person.

• Like 1