Their Red Lights Flashing In The Hot New Jersey Night - Arma Hobby 1/72 Sea Hurricane MK.IB

AliGauld

While the clear coat was drying on the main bit, I got on with some of the sundry bits.

BhJPdVu.jpg

vIkA5jX.jpg

CGVYce4.jpg

51nuZON.jpg

qD6ydnk.jpg

LOhhARs.jpg

odftQFx.jpg

Qi0Jz5M.jpg

Later on I got some stickers on.

M30lImm.jpg

HrsQnvQ.jpg

3Egfqp1.jpg

ua20D5K.jpg

1Xg4TYf.jpg

They will all be hit with softener and I'll see how they look in the morning, but I have no doubt they will be good.

I like the Techmod decals that you get from Arma as they bed down really nicely, are nice and thin but allow you plenty of time for manipulation.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 13

8 hours ago, AliGauld said:

They were taken in a bit of a rush as yet another Tesco trip has been called for.

🤦‍♂️😂

This Hurricane is looking splendid Alistair, the camo as well as the markings are really bringing it to life.  

At this pace, I’m also looking forward to the three more finished models you’ll be adding to your 2022 Yearbook!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mark.au said:

🤦‍♂️😂

This Hurricane is looking splendid Alistair, the camo as well as the markings are really bringing it to life.  

At this pace, I’m also looking forward to the three more finished models you’ll be adding to your 2022 Yearbook!

Thanks Mark,

Unless I get my digit extracted on the Stringbag I don't see anything other than this entering the yearbook.

But you never know. :whistle:

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Dunny said:

Alistair,

What no masks? Looking lovely anyway,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,

I didn't go with the masks as I really want to finish this for tomorrow.

I still haven't found a method for the roundels that doesn't take an overnight wait so it won't lift.

I'll keep trying though. Still waiting for the MRP Blue and Yellow to come back into stock.

The Hataka while it's touch dry in minutes it's still cooking underneath for a long time, might try it with Rapid rather than Levelling Thinner to see if that makes a difference.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Thanks Roger,

I didn't go with the masks as I really want to finish this for tomorrow.

I still haven't found a method for the roundels that doesn't take an overnight wait so it won't lift.

I'll keep trying though. Still waiting for the MRP Blue and Yellow to come back into stock.

The Hataka while it's touch dry in minutes it's still cooking underneath for a long time, might try it with Rapid rather than Levelling Thinner to see if that makes a difference.

Cheers,

Alistair

I do a 4 colour roundel in a single shift, with aqueous acrylics. However my middle name is 'Danger'. Actually it's Nigel, but don't tell anyone...

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

I do a 4 colour roundel in a single shift, with aqueous acrylics. However my middle name is 'Danger'. Actually it's Nigel, but don't tell anyone...

If I could get on with acrylics I would give it a try but it means me deep cleaning the airbrush after every use and I'm a lazy sod.

Cheers,

Alistair.

Edited by AliGauld
The original text was very probably deeply offensive. It made me cringe.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well, I appear to be waiting for another clear coat to cook off for the weathering tomorrow.

So, I got on with some painting and washes on the final few bits for this one.

VcfBrt1.jpg

Ur8Jph8.jpg

jMIVvXc.jpg

DZep5BK.jpg

8Uosf8K.jpg

r6PMIyH.jpg

nNJYl5D.jpg

uR2BXCH.jpg

The Arrestor Hook still requires another coat of paint though.

5zzV96i.jpg

The pitot and main aerial mast have been painted on the sprue.

I don't think I'm going to get this one over the line tomorrow, which was the hope.

I'll get a wash and some oils done and then fit all the sundries.

Then a final matt coat but I'll need to let that dry sufficiently before the exhaust stains, main aerial, IFF aerials and I finish colouring the catapult spools.

We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 10

Well, I have just caught up again on this one, and she is nearly done.

She looks great.

That Putty I shall have a look at the next time I am in the modelling shop.

(As for Tesco`s, we live 50 yards away from one. + a Greggs.

Stay safe.

Simon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you like the final bits and pieces?  They look good, by the way, and will complement the rest of the quality for sure.  I find I'm often so impatient for the finish that I tend to rush this stage.  I've been trying to get them done earlier in the build now, so that's less of a problem.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alistair,

I am at much the same stage with my Martlet, with Xmas getting in the way of a finish! Never mind, it's all looking very nice...

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Not had a chance to post so far today, so just catching up. The codes and markings look superb, Alistair, they really set off the TSS. You'll be finished in no time!

Cheers,

Mark 

Thanks Mark,

I'll get it done. I just don't want to rush the last few bits and make a total mess of it as I'm quite pleased with the way it looks.

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Lovely work on the details Alistair. 

Chrus

Thanks Chris.

3 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Well, I have just caught up again on this one, and she is nearly done.

She looks great.

That Putty I shall have a look at the next time I am in the modelling shop.

(As for Tesco`s, we live 50 yards away from one. + a Greggs.

Stay safe.

Simon.

Thanks Simon,

The putty is handy stuff for a quick mask and peel as it leaves no residue.

3 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

All is looking good Alistair, colours are lovely 👍

And in other news, today I became the proud owner of some Mig masking putty thanks to your thread 😉

Thanks so much WP,

One word of warning, well two actually.

You need to be quick with it as it can droop quickly and never store the tin upside down or you will never get it open again, or if you can, it will take ages.

42 minutes ago, mark.au said:

Do you like the final bits and pieces?  They look good, by the way, and will complement the rest of the quality for sure.  I find I'm often so impatient for the finish that I tend to rush this stage.  I've been trying to get them done earlier in the build now, so that's less of a problem.  

Thanks Mark,

I'm trying not to crack on to get the finish as I know I'll pox it up.

I've kind of got my routine to do these when I'm waiting on clear coats drying.

Doesn't always work that way of course.

Apart from some weathering on the Sky side of the undercarriage doors everything is now ready to stick on as soon as the weathering is done on the fuselage.

41 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Alistair,

I am at much the same stage with my Martlet, with Xmas getting in the way of a finish! Never mind, it's all looking very nice...

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks very much Roger,

I was only trying to get it out of the way as I'll be starting a build tomorrow.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The first of what I hope will be a few updates today.

This morning after fighting my way through my traditional Christmas Eve "Oh Dear Bod, I forgot to get........." belt to the shops.

A Flory Dark Dirt Wash followed by some oil work and glue.

zIkjj4I.jpg

V5ny8w4.jpg

OsA0NMN.jpg

lOviQZp.jpg

Next up, to the batcave for a flat coat, then when that's dry some oil staining and fitting all the clear bits left.

If I manage to get that achieved without distractions then the aerials will be rigged.

Some chance I feel.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 8