Their Red Lights Flashing In The Hot New Jersey Night - Arma Hobby 1/72 Sea Hurricane MK.IB

AliGauld

Cockpit looking very nice indeed 👍 All of the available colour schemes look attractive and interesting.

I'm looking forward to seeing which one you go for.

Just one of the many good things about your projects is, we won't need to wait long to find out 🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ModelingEdmontonian said:

Gosh the Arma IPs look so good... I love watching a Hurricane come together and I know this is going to be a good one

Thanks ME,

We'll see about good one though.

I've got plenty of chances to make a total mess of it.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winded Penguin said:

Cockpit looking very nice indeed 👍 All of the available colour schemes look attractive and interesting.

I'm looking forward to seeing which one you go for.

Just one of the many good things about your projects is, we won't need to wait long to find out 🤗

Thanks very much,

I still haven't made my mind up about which of the Pedestal ones I'll do. A lot depends on whether the MRP paints for the roundels turn up on time.

37 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Ooooooo great work Alistair all looking good, the IP looks Spectacular. 

Chris

Thanks Chris,

The Arma IP has two decals for it and one goes ever the top of the other bringing out all the detail.

I must admit it looks pretty good and is snuggling down nicely.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 3

A last couple of pictures before most of this disappears for ever.

2QRQDJy.jpg

ZZ5Iav8.jpg

I think the surgery necessary for the resin insert makes the wing to fuselage join a little more difficult but with a little care and a few clamps.

5ZU3pQ2.jpg

tx3DxUl.jpg

9YR7P4V.jpg

There was less fettling required than I thought to get the insert fitted.

abNNw2p.jpg

VhlHI12.jpg

iULqwHL.jpg

There will be filler needed but I'm pleased with this as the first really major surgery that I've had to do in any kit so far.

That will be allowed to rest while my hands stop shaking and I'll get on with the seam work later.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 17

Great work on the surgery. I wouldn't know there was any effort involved at all with the wing join from those photos. It's turned out really tidy.  Those wheel bays are a cut above aren't they? And the cockpit generally, and instrument panel particularly look stunning. I see why people rave about Arma kits being almost up to 1/48 scale in detail.

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

After some "detail" painting, glue and a wash.

I spent an embarrassingly large amount of time trying to work out what a 'glue wash' could be before re-reading this. 

My first reaction to seeing the wings in place: there's a good 1/753rd of a bottle of ally paint on those upper wings. Won't be wasted if you do some chipping :whistle:... just saying.

Andy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ngantek said:

Great work on the surgery. I wouldn't know there was any effort involved at all with the wing join from those photos. It's turned out really tidy.  Those wheel bays are a cut above aren't they? And the cockpit generally, and instrument panel particularly look stunning. I see why people rave about Arma kits being almost up to 1/48 scale in detail.

I spent an embarrassingly large amount of time trying to work out what a 'glue wash' could be before re-reading this. 

My first reaction to seeing the wings in place: there's a good 1/753rd of a bottle of ally paint on those upper wings. Won't be wasted if you do some chipping :whistle:... just saying.

Andy

Thanks Andy,

There will in all probability be more aluminium on those wing roots before I'm done.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Quack said:

Your patient seems to have survived the surgery and I would declare this a success!

Looking forward to more of this build - coming along beautifully.

Q

Thanks Q,

Certainly in the recovery room and stable, I'd say.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Crikey you will have this finished ieithin a week, you're a machine Alistair.   Great work good to see it all come together and the cockpit looks suitably busy too.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

There's a wee bit of seam work to be done but it's going together nicely so far.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

*sigh* late again....

That cockpit looks terrific, I am also constantly impressed by the quality of Arma.  Plus, as I told @2996 Victor, you guys are making a Hurricane fan out of me!

On 12/7/2022 at 10:45 AM, AliGauld said:

It certainly keeps your sphincter puckered.

If it is a sphincter, does it "sphinct"?  Once it has done so, has it "Sphincted"?  I guess they would say in New Jersey, "my sphincter done sphincted!".  Oh, wait, maybe that's Alabama.

Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Alistair,

Forging ahead nicely - whatever the trials and tribulations they certainly don't show,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, opus999 said:

That cockpit looks terrific, I am also constantly impressed by the quality of Arma.  Plus, as I told @2996 Victor, you guys are making a Hurricane fan out of me!

You can't beat a good Hawker Hurricane ;) go on...... you know you want one!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, opus999 said:

*sigh* late again....

If it is a sphincter, does it "sphinct"?  Once it has done so, has it "Sphincted"?  I guess they would say in New Jersey, "my sphincter done sphincted!".  Oh, wait, maybe that's Alabama.

Sorry.

Thanks very much.

As Mark said they are beautifully detailed and engineered little kits.

Any problems are purely operator error.

I'm sure you would have a blast with one or two.

11 hours ago, Dunny said:

Alistair,

Forging ahead nicely - whatever the trials and tribulations they certainly don't show,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger.

Just a little care needed as the lower wing rear fuselage part had nothing to butt up against.

Made it all a bit wobbly.:worry:.

I think it's working though now that the resin piece is in.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mark.au said:

Some good progress there Alistair.  The IP looked great, too bad it's more or less hidden from view now!

Thanks Mark,

For a simple decal job the IP did look particularly good but it will probably never be seen again.

At least I put it in place before I got the fuselage together, unlike my last Arma Hurricane. :blush:

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, ModelingEdmontonian said:

unfortunate isn't it? For this inexperienced modeller, the Arma Hurricane IPs are the nicest 1/72 kit-provided IPs I've ever seen.

That is so true. They are lovely.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 7:50 AM, 2996 Victor said:

You can't beat a good Hawker Hurricane ;) go on...... you know you want one!

Cheers,

Mark

Oh.... OK!  It's now on the Christmas list.  Considering I put the Arma P-39Q on there too with it's princely sum, I don't have high hopes.  But maybe SWMBO will see the Hurricane as the cheaper of the two! ;)

On 12/14/2022 at 2:32 PM, AliGauld said:

I'm sure you would have a blast with one or two.

or three or four.... they're more fun if you have more, right? :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 16/12/2022 at 18:23, opus999 said:

Oh.... OK!  It's now on the Christmas list.  Considering I put the Arma P-39Q on there too with it's princely sum, I don't have high hopes.  But maybe SWMBO will see the Hurricane as the cheaper of the two! ;)

or three or four.... they're more fun if you have more, right? :D

Glad to hear that.

I truly hope that Santa is very good to you as the P-39Q is a gorgeous kit as well.

On 16/12/2022 at 19:44, Mr T said:

A bit late to the party with this, but looks very nice. Not built an Arma Hurricane yet, but getting seriously tempted. 

Thanks so much,

They are truly great kits and such fun to build.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 3