9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That is stunning, beyond any of the superlatives I could conjure up. I'm impressed to pieces. 👍

Steve.

Thank you Steve, thanks a very generous comment and much appreciated. 

6 hours ago, Epeeman said:

Lovely model Gauntlet!

Great distinction in painting to simulate between metal and fabric 

Regards

Dave

I love the 1930s RAF fighters because they look so dashing with their polished fairings etc, so I was intrigued about why some Gauntlets had matt finishes.  Apparently the Air Ministry started to discourage the polished look and later Gauntlets came from the factory with anodised panels.  This is what I tried to simulate.  Study of period photos also showed the engine cowling to be a different finish too!  All rather complicated!

5 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

That’s absolutely amazing! It looks real. 

Your WIP of this actually inspired me to buy three biplanes from this era, albeit in 1/72.

Well that's great news your Lordship.....Patrik has a lovely Gauntlet build going on in that scale as I think you know.  Good luck (too small for my old eyes!).

14 minutes ago, IPMS19 said:

-Magnifique réalisation. Wonderfully done, you have there a winner for the next Telford SMW. Words of a former judge at the competition.  Your sepia photo, I could swear it is vintage.......

You're very kind JM but there are faults with it that a judge would immediately pick up and quite honestly model competitions don't appeal to me.  It's sitting happily in my study, that's good enough for me!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1