Lockheed YF-12A "Article 1001" Italeri 1/48

Great looking model and a very interesting subject.  One suggestion, take the photos against a lighter colored background.  It's kind of hard to see the details in the black, especially on the underside.

• Thanks 1

I am outside of my realm of WWII aircraft, but I am glad I wondered onto this RFI as this is a beautiful rendition of the YF-12.  Great paint job.  I like the variation of the panels as it is subtle, but does break what would be an overall one color metal finish. Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BleedingBlue said:

Great looking model and a very interesting subject.  One suggestion, take the photos against a lighter colored background.  It's kind of hard to see the details in the black, especially on the underside.

Thanks for your comment! Yes normally I always take pictures with a white background but this time I thought a black background gives it a bit of sinister look. But I agree with your comment about the details! Here you can see a wip of my model; https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=14213&p=albums&album=73352

Erik

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BleedingBlue said:

take the photos against a lighter colored background.  It's kind of hard to see the details in the black, especially on the underside.

Initially, I thought the same. But here, on this old kit which lacks details, build ootb, it doesn't really matter that much and, as @Erik Leijdens said, this Low Key setup definitely adds to the topic.  Especially that upfront picture is amazing.

Great example what an outstanding paintjob and overall execution can do to even a basic kit.

• Thanks 1

I am not the military guy,but this is an awesome model.

I always liked the SR71 and the YF12 and despite being military stuff,they are on my wishlist.

Thanks for sharing

Alex

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CaracalModels said:

Beautiful work - I really like the titanium finish. Thanks for sharing!

And thanks to you for the excellent decals! 

And thanks to everybody also! for I am flattered by the overwhelming amount of positive feedback! Nice to see a OOB build of kit from 1983 is so well received. 

Erik

• Like 3