'Tis The Season etc.

Pete Robin

I know there's a couple of music threads, but let's put all the Crimbo music in one spot eh?

Couple of rules tho - DO NOT put Mariah Carey in any way shape or form. If'n you're tempted, the fleas of a milion camels will immediately infest your undercrackers.😜

DO NOT attempt to put East 17 in a post. IT'S NOT A CHRISTMAS SONG. They just put some bells on the track and did a stupid video in snow suits. There is a very special circle of hell reserved for them.

Okay, now I've calmed down, I don't care what genre of music (except maybe rap 🤔), so let's see what we can come up with worldwide to celebrate the Season.

Got one I've just discovered and it kinda floated my boat.

Regards

Pete

Edited by Pete Robin
poor spelling
  • Haha 5

@Pete Robin Can I suggest that you amend your rules to exclude Wham's classic Last Christmas thus avoiding Whamageddon

But to offer two far more tasteful suggestions:

Greg Lake's ** I Believe in Father Christmas and,

Chris Squires' Run With the Fox

** When played in the restaurant where we held our Christmas Party recently, one of our Junior Analysts dared to ask "who?" when Emmerson, Lake and Palmer were mentioned. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Pete Robin said:

Couple of rules tho - DO NOT put Mariah Carey in any way shape or form. If'n you're tempted, the fleas of a milion camels will immediately infest your undercrackers.😜

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :worthy:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Richard E said:

** When played in the restaurant where we held our Christmas Party recently, one of our Junior Analysts dared to ask "who?" when Emmerson, Lake and Palmer were mentioned. 

I trust the cursed lad was immediately subjected to ELP on endless repeat?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Choices for Christmas songs;

Wrapping paper by the Waitresses. It's a no brainer.

2000 miles from home by the Pretenders 

I don't care, Last Christmas by Wham

have yourself a wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney

Phil Spector's Christmas album

Jona Lewie stop the cavalry.

Ok, I know the last is not a specific Christmas song, but it has become one by default.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, psdavidson said:

Since @IanHx pipped me with Fairytale of New York, allow me to introduce something a little different. Caution: :swear:

Thought I'd let someone else yell

IT'S CHRIISTMAAAS  !!       :)

• Haha 2

Seriously, a chrimbo music thread on a modelling forum and no Mariah Carey singing "All I want for Christmas... is glue "   ?   :)

Ouch.  

That felt like a camel flea bite.....

Edited by IanHx
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, IanHx said:

Seriosly, a chrimbo music thread on a modelling thread and no Mariah Carey singing "All I want for Christmas... is glue "   ?   :)

Ouch.  

That felt like a camel flea bite.....

Nearly my friend. As it was a joke, it's only a yellow card.

Be good, the Big Guys watching.🎅

Regards,

Pete

9 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

For me this is the best version ever released...

That is a singer I haven't heard in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

and I prefer it to stay that way

• Haha 2

I have Christmas playlist on my Ipod, as Mrs T likes to have some jolly Christmas music (!). Tom Lehrer was slipped in as a bit of an antidote. 

How about this one from 1975

• Like 6

On 03/12/2022 at 21:20, Pete Robin said:

I know there's a couple of music threads, but let's put all the Crimbo music in one spot eh?

DO NOT attempt to put East 17 in a post. IT'S NOT A CHRISTMAS SONG. They just put some bells on the track and did a stupid video in snow suits. There is a very special circle of hell reserved for them.

Okay, now I've calmed down, I don't care what genre of music (except maybe rap 🤔), so let's see what we can come up with worldwide to celebrate the Season.

Got one I've just discovered and it kinda floated my boat.

Blimey, that could have been written by me.....every single word. Well said.

Now here's one that doesn't get played much, but it's very thought provoking.

John.

• Like 4

On 12/3/2022 at 10:10 PM, Whofan said:

Choices for Christmas songs;

Wrapping paper by the Waitresses. It's a no brainer.

2000 miles from home by the Pretenders 

I don't care, Last Christmas by Wham

have yourself a wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney

Phil Spector's Christmas album

Jona Lewie stop the cavalry.

Ok, I know the last is not a specific Christmas song, but it has become one by default.

You were doing so well there, and then,,,,, Grrrrr,,,,, Wham. You then had a miraculous recovery, so we'll let you off with a Scarborough warning.

Jona Lewie - I know that folks don't count it,,, but it was deliberately released as a Crimbo song AND it mentions Christmastime several times. Unlike others,,,,grrrrrrrr. Sorry, came over all Mr. Blobby then.😖

Keep em coming chaps.

Regards

Pete

• Haha 1