New MARK I Model (MKM): 1/144 Sikorsky H-34 Choctaw / Seabat / Seahorse

Michal @ MKM

We are pleased to announce another model from our series of helicopters in 1/144th scale, the Sikorsky S-58, bearing its military designation the H-34. As in the case of our previous kits, once again it is a newly mastered model and new tooling. This is a different model compared to our former Westland Wessex, despite their general resemblance.

Here are some pictures depicting how the model master was made from scratch:

spacer.png

and

spacer.png

Here we attach images of the plastic parts:

spacer.png

and the reverse side

spacer.png

Each kit contains 46 parts, including alternative parts allowing to build different variants of the aircraft (fuselage bottom part, port engine cover, undercarriage legs, exhausts and cabin doors) and seven clear parts (for the cockpit canopy and the cabin windows). Of course, a comprehensive instruction leaflet and a decal sheet are included, the latter offering four options for each box.

The kits will be available in mid-December.

More information about the forthcoming kits and their camouflage options can be found on our web site at:

https://www.4pluspublications.com/en/?s=12%2F2022&post_type=product&type_aws=true

KR

Michal Ovcacik, MARK I

Edited by Michal @ MKM
typo
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...

Thanks for releasing this badly-needed model kit in this scale.

Do you have any plans to release this kit in the markings of the UH-34D and CH-34C that the U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Army flew in the late 50's and very early sixties as "Marine One" and "Army One" while flying the President of the United States? I'd love to be able to build both!

P.S. Please continue with the releases of helicopter kits in 1/144 scale. If you need suggestions for another, future release, you could do worse than produce a series of UH/CH-46 Sea Knight kits. It has plenty of decal options and would be a good seller, no doubt.

BM.