'Blue 30' - Zvezda 1/48 Su-25

GazB

Hi all, back once more. This time with a project I've had in mind since May. Time spent having to drum up the appropriate masks, and then a set of decals, and then finally some metalizing powder for the display stand. Overall, came about fairly painless, aside from a few niggling moments. Kit itself varied a little from going together nicely, to being a bit of a pain. Biggest areas of frustration were fitting in the lower fuselage, and getting everything to meet up, causing some overhanging joins, and requirement of filler and sanding. After that, it was largely the pylons and stores having inadequate mounting points to make them fit securely without a lot of adjusting. Overall, happy with how it came out. Final bit of fiddling was adding metalizing powder to the base. Came out fairly good, and then I wanted to put the emblem on. Thought I had it positioned, but then it was off. Decal tore during adjustment, so had to remove and replace. In lining up, put two indentations in the surface with my ruler, somehow 🤦‍♂️, then accidentally scuffed the surface to the gloss beneath with a paper towel while buffing out the water marks. Second coat of powder didn't cover it, so in the end I went over everything with a 4000 grit stick to make it all look a little worn. Came out better than expected. May or may not ultimately gloss the base to seal that decal, though tit'll probably dull the shine. 

Anyway, without further ado. Here be my Ukrainian AF (Blue 30), 1/48 Zvezda Su-25. Painted up with the Hataka UAF acrylics set, masking with the DN Models vinyl masks, and marked with Aztec decals (pretty good decals, but they take a fair amount of softening).

fro11_by_moab23_dfje4ft-fullview.jpg?tok

fro_by_moab23_dfje3cb-fullview.jpg?token

fro2_by_moab23_dfje3ej-fullview.jpg?toke

fro3_by_moab23_dfje3gk-fullview.jpg?toke

fro4_by_moab23_dfje3iq-fullview.jpg?toke

fro5_by_moab23_dfje3m9-fullview.jpg?toke

fro6_by_moab23_dfje3ph-fullview.jpg?toke

fro7_by_moab23_dfje3s7-fullview.jpg?toke

fro7_by_moab23_dfje3vx-fullview.jpg?toke

fro8_by_moab23_dfje3yq-fullview.jpg?toke

fro8_by_moab23_dfje402-fullview.jpg?toke

fro9_by_moab23_dfje41h-fullview.jpg?toke

fro10_by_moab23_dfje465-fullview.jpg?tok

Thanks for looking, as always :)

Gaz

• Like 29

59 minutes ago, HOUSTON said:

BEAUTIFUL  build.

The intricate pattern must have taken you a lot of time. 

The finish is EXEMPLARY  and you turned out a SUPERB model.

One to be proud of.

:wow:   :clap:    :worthy:

Thanks, Houston 😇

Pattern wasn't too bad on account of the vinyl masks, but they didn't really like anything beyond a flat surface, hah. Few touches up needed :P

Gaz