Dogfight series of books.

stevehnz

I've noticed these books published by Bloomsbury/Osprey popping up in various places of late, P-51B/C, by Chris Bucholtz, F6F hellcat by Edward Young, Fw 190D-9 by Robert Forsyth, they're not a big book, 80 pages about but the graphics in the previews look nice & the prices are pretty reasonable, so, worth it or not? Do they bring anything to the discussion, either in content or better presentation than others or are they just a pretty marketing rehash? I'd value some feedback before shelling out for them. :)

Steve.

Ospreys are okay, nice pictures, decent write-ups.  As always the profiles need a jaundiced eye to see if the artist actually looked at the photo basis for their illustration!

I'm not so convinced about the dogfight series, the content is okay as above but the choices of opponents sometimes seem a bit contrived or limiting compared to the real life situation.

Second hand prices are usually from a pound to a fiver, make of that what you will.  I'll pick a copy up if the subject interests, but wouldn't actively seek a book from the series.

My 2d-worth.

• Thanks 1