Mitsubishi Ki-46 II Dinah - Hasegawa 1/72

Hasegawa’s Type 100 Commandant Reconnaissance Ki-46 Dinah.

Built completely out of box, part of my slow and steady return to the hobby. First model posted here on Britmodeller, so be gentle! Tamiya paints, first go at post shading which I was reasonably happy with.

There’s a couple of missing (messed up…) decals, and the canopy is one large piece which is masked, but a large painted section in the middle. I used canopy glue for this, I’m not overly happy with the finished join. But this is a journey!

Apologies for the photography - just on my phone, outside as it was bright. I see some very well posed models on here!

I’m a bit of a Japanophile and I’m lucky enough to visit for work, so always bring back something.. My stash of Tamiya, Hasegawa, Platz, Fujimi, Aoshima, Fine Molds and even a Zoukei Mura F-4G is a bit embarrassing 😬

• Like 2

Argh, I’ve read the “how do I post pictures” thread, and I can’t get Flickr to upload photos with the url, either through the app or site (via an iPhone)

I can only get a pinked out invalid link.

Apologies, will keep trying.

Edited by Volant
  • Sad 1

Good to see you on your journey back to modeling.  Wish I was as far as you are.  The looks of the Dinah is just so appealing.  You will get the canopy fit sorted out with other builds.  Overall, this is a very nice representation and you should be proud.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave Klaatu said:

Nice build!

I've yet to build mine...

It’s a really nice kit, I enjoyed it. Very good fit, if a sparse interior.

As you may well see in future builds, I have a bit of a ‘thing’ for Japanese twin engined aircraft.