Tamiya Aichi M6A1-K Nanzan

Morning all,

Continuing with my Japanese binge, my latest build is the slightly unusual Nanzan from Tamiya. A pretty straightforward kit with no vices as you'd expect from Tamiya, I've finished it completely from the box. AK real colour was used to paint the interior, with Mr Color for the exterior including the Hinomarus, with the details finished using Tamiya and Alclad where appropriate. Final matt varnish was from Hataka Orange Line. Had a few issues with primer seeping under the masking, which has left the framing looking rather messy, time to rethink priming straight from the can I reckon....

6W7A9841.jpg

6W7A9842.jpg

6W7A9843.jpg

6W7A9844.jpg

6W7A9845.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed

Shaun

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Lovely model! Beautiful flawless finish is very pleasing to the eye. Sounds like you were building for a competition to use as many different paint brands as possible!

It's an intriguing aircraft that I'd never heard of before. I was going to make a facetious comment about the fin looking like it had been sawn off for spare metal and it seems that's not far from the truth. I really like the look of these Japanese inlines (been keeping my eye out for a fujimi d4y2 kit for a while), and this one also fits the brief of being a slightly nutty idea, which I'm always partial to.

Really nice job, thanks for posting!

Andy

• Like 1

Great rendition of a less frequently presented plane. You hit the nail on the head with the orange trainer/experimental colour. Very well done!

• Like 2