Tamiya Porsche 934 Vaillant blue -green.

Watto

I can imagine that this question has been asked previously but, here goes.

I have located a supplier of the correct blue -green for the Vaillant 934 but, understand that the paint is almost automotive industry standard and needs to be thinned for spraying using cellulose thinners, my concern is that  I'm worried that it may damage my Iwata airbrush. I

1. Is this something that I need to worry about?

2. Is there an alternative/better product that anyone knows of? 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Watto. 

Hi Watto, 

I don't think your Iwata will have problems with cellulose thinner, it's a professionell Airbrush.

As much as I know Zero paint offer this colour pre thinned, you may find it f.e.at Hiroboy . And gravity-colors.com Spain also offer it in pre thinned.

Marco F 

• Like 1

Thanks Marco, I've had the kit for nearly two years and think it's about time I made a start. I'll get some of the pre thinned paint and get going.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Watto

1 hour ago, Watto said:

Thanks Marco, I've had the kit for nearly two years and think it's about time I made a start. I'll get some of the pre thinned paint and get going.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Watto

Enjoy your build, is it the Tamiya in1/12 ,1/24 or the one from Revell?

Marco F 

5 hours ago, Watto said:

I'm worried that it may damage my Iwata airbrush. I

Watto, it depends on what model it is and how old tbh. I bought my Hi Line HP-CH before they fitted them with solvent resistent needle seals - but they now sell those separately so there's no problem. I think most if not all are now fitted with solvent proof seals, and if they aren't you should be able to buy them as replacements. You need to check whether your brush has a "Solvent resistant Teflon needle seal"

6 hours ago, Watto said:

2. Is there an alternative/better product that anyone knows of? 

Tamiya Spray 100ml TS-102 Cobalt Green is apparently meant specifically for the Vaillant Porsche - and TS sprays are great for decanting and airbrushing! 

HTH & enjoy the build! :)

Keith

• Like 1

Thanks Keith, I'll check that but my airbrush is a fairly new HP -CS.

I've seen the colour in rattle cans and have heard that it's possible to somehow get the paint into an airbrush. That would help for spraying smaller chassis components and then I'd use the pre thinned paint for the bodyshell. 

Thanks again for your reply.

Watto. 

• Like 1

The Zero paints from Hiroboy are ready for air brushing. But however their finish is matt, so a clear gloss will have to be used as well.

On the Hiroboy site under the Zero Paints colour lists they explain about the clear and suitable thinners.

• Like 1